Closed Try out some vintage blades

Hiya,

I'd like to offer up a few of my favorite old blades to sample. Yeah, these are ones I've used in my past shaves till they got too dull. I did say they were old.....right?

Ok, there's two kinds.......Wilkinson Sword Edge and Schick Plus Platinum (1969). Seriously, these are two of the best blades I've ever used, which may or may not mean something. I think in this case it means some other members will like these also.

NOS unopened packs, each probably at least 40 years old. I'm guessing these Wikinsons are maybe older than the Schick.

There's 10 blades of each, so 10 members is the deal. The idea being a quick distribution.....taking one of each blade and passing the rest on before using em both.

Now I don't want to hurt any feelings here, but I'm not gonna make this available to new DE users. Now that's only because they haven't had enough experience and really wouldn't know what to look for. I'd rather these would be used by members who have an excellent reference point....there's nothing personal to take offense over.

So I guess it's first come first served. Should be interesting to hear what other members have to say about these sharp old blades, both performance wise and also how many quality shaves from each one.

Martin

Attachments

• Pass around vintage blades 001 (Small).jpg
    Pass around vintage blades 001 (Small).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 76
Mikael said:
So, this is a freebie, right? No strings?? Really!? *what's his angle, this time*

Awww, I am hurt, hurt I tell you!

Yes, to think that there's any sorta ulterior motive....well I chalk that up to your naturally suspicious Swedish nature.

No, it's just my way of giving back to the community. Yeah, just trying to.....help. Actually, I debated doing this offer because in a way I'm cutting my own throat (not bad eh?) These blades aren't all that common and aren't all that well known. Still, it's nice to share what we find to work.

So that's all there is to it buddy. Now of course there may be a small and adorable monkey that might hitch a ride on some member's backs, but that's not likely. Most guys don't have any kinda addictive personality and will use about any blade handy....

You have tried so many times in the past to help me out, may I put your name on the list?

Nothing but love,

Dodgy

Marvins monkeys are very loving.............er no that came out wrong..............Marvins monkeys are adorable little critters............er no thats just wrong again.........what i mean to say beware they are enabling little bastards......... Great offer as per usual Marv...........Now wheres that Darwin monkey got too.........))))))

Cheers Darwin, erhh, Marwin. Well, that's really sweet of you and thank you, but I' use DEs too rarely and it's more than fair to let the more experienced guys have go *keep looking, you'll find the angle, somewhere*!

If anyone wishes to try some vintage blades I have these[attachment=4990]

What I will do is split them in to three PIF bundles for the first three, lucky people.

BUT I cannot guarantee what they are like in the packets. They are all unused, Double Life sealed boxes, United are in a sealed box, Take it ones the boxes is open but all secure in grease proof, or what ever it is paper.

They are

Blue Double Life (British Made)
Take It (German)
United Blades (USA)

So it's one packet of Double Blue and the rest split between the three.

Just don't come running to me if it all goes pear shaped!

PM me

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340217111.920639.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340217111.920639.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 48
NotTheStig said:
Package received from Dodgy I'll post on this week, but to whom? Let me know.

Sheeesh, very little interest shown in trying the blades.....hard to believe. Maybe I overestimated this forum's intelligence, but for some reason I figured at least a few people to reply. No problem that my opinion of the group has been damaged beyond repair.

Ok NTS, I am in my 'acceptance' stage now. I certainly don't want to FORCE anyone into using a blade that's probably better than any others they have tried in their whole life! Seems like I'm also in my 'guilt giving' phase also......

Martin

I pmed Dipesh as re-reading the thread I saw he threw his unshaven face into the ring. I appreciate it mate - I'm sure there are a good few members who perhaps don't post as much as we do or visit every day who will take up your generous offer.

Wow Marvin, how did i miss this thread:icon_eek:

Could I please throw my hat in the ring, Wilkies that old cannot be passed up. This is extremely generous of you and you know my fetish for Wilkies:blush:

Back
Top Bottom