Closed Try out some vintage blades

Hiya,

Far as anyone wanting to include other vintage blades goes, that's fine with me. Never know what'll fit some members. Worse comes to worse, at least they'll have the experience in their journey to comment on if they want to.

Sounds good to me and thanks to the other contributors,

Martin

A - W said:
Martin,

Would you like a couple of each sending through if you've not tried them?

Adam

Nice of you to think of me Adam, but I'm all set with shaving crap right now. There's a small pile of blades here that I haven't tried yet, which I really should get to sometime. Also, I kinda doubt the old Blue Blade types would be a good fit.

Thanks though,

Martin

Package received this morning from Northam Saint. Thanks for the opportunity.

Adam

Edit: I have just realised there are two parts of this PIF in the system.
I have received half from Northam Saint and propose to hold on to them until Dipesh sends through the other half. (I have pm'd Dipesh with my details last week)

Is that acceptable to all?

A - W said:
Chaps,

After a visit to a local antiques type shop I managed to secure three packs of different blades.
Servex, Paragon and Pal Hollow Ground.

If no one has any objections I will add these to the box once I receive it?

Right then chaps,

The two of each blade I opened of the Servex and Paragon are nothing but rusty. I was going to send them out hoping someone might find one at least to use but am guessing it is probably a waste of time with these two boxes. Both of which were sealed when I purchased.

So will add the Pal Hollow Ground ones in only.

I did manage to use a Pal last night, a bit coarse but overall not a bad shave. Worth a try anyway.

A - W said:
Package received this morning from Northam Saint. Thanks for the opportunity.

Adam

Edit: I have just realised there are two parts of this PIF in the system.
I have received half from Northam Saint and propose to hold on to them until Dipesh sends through the other half. (I have pm'd Dipesh with my details last week)

Is that acceptable to all?

I'm fine with anything. I still have some and did think after posting I should of sent the lot in case they could catch up and join in.

NotTheStig said:
What did you think of them mate?

I've not tried any yet, ive had a spell with a sensor excel that will end soon. I just had a chance to go to the post office today so took a sample and moved them on, I didn't want to take the pee and hold on to them!

I shall use one today and report back here to share my thoughts.

I gave the green 7 o'clock a go today. Not a bad blade. A touch draggy but I think this is because it isn't as sharp as I normally like.

Overall, the blade wasn't bad at all and my face isn't irritated so I'm quite surprised.

dodgy said:
Hiya,

Ok then, I'll start the list.
So:

1. NTS.....has them now
2.Dipesh
3 A-W
4 Jamies
5 CMOT
6 Helveticum

Seriously? Six guys? Out of the two thousand TSR members, we got six who went for the bait. Now that is sad,

Ok, I won't bring this up again.....for now.

Martin

I know both the Canute and Heinymeister would love to try these, but are kinda shy about asking.

Afternoon all,

Two separate packages mailed to Jaime this week. He should have them (depending on the RM) end of this week, beginning of next.

I had a shave with the Zaza from Northam Saint, not the sharpest blade but did a perfectly good job of reducing the beard till a very smooth shave.

Thanks all.

Well I have used the Wilkinson sword the last few shaves and can say I have enjoyed it.
Nice progressive shave with some excellent results. Thumbs up from me.

Back
Top Bottom