TSR Epsilon LE 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another short update, we can have the handle colour and shape we requested. That being anchor in algae. Currently negotiating final price. Details via post 1.

One thing that I'm confused on is we will be using blanks and a mould. Not sure of the mechanics. Will the handle be very light?
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Another short update, we can have the handle colour and shape we requested. That being anchor in algae. Currently negotiating final price. Details via post 1.

One thing that I'm confused on is we will be using blanks and a mould. Not sure of the mechanics. Will the handle be very light?

Interesting Nishy. I'm not familiar with building molds for brushes...would involve a liquid medium?

Interesting Nishy. I'm not familiar with building molds for brushes...would involve a liquid medium?

I would assume so, which would mean melting the resin block?

Well I thank my lucky stars for not being tempted to extreme regarding brushes but I have a question. I always figured Bernt whittled each handle from scratch. Maybe that is a No?

The resin will need to be cast in a cylindrical mould anyway. Then shaped on a lathe or poured into the anchor shaped mould and then sanded smooth. Either way it will be poured and marbled. Great video by the way. I've watched it before and it really shows the work that goes in to a top class resin handle. I'm really glad we got the handle you were after Avnish. It should be stunning.

Yep Chris I also would definitely want to see samples before committing a ton. Worst case scenario we have the handles sourced elsewhere and the knots inserted by Vie Long.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom