TSR Logo

Yep been there Fido, everybody has an opinion on something like this.
Slightly larger text, chopped UK, different colour tones.
I'm rather fond of stain but I will go with the concensus.

[attachment=1]
[attachment=2]
[attachment=0]

This is only one concept but I am heading for grey tone, no blood on the paper and full "uk" text. Bear in mind the actual scale it is going to be used at. I have to make the design decisions otherwise it'll take weeks, but I will throw up some options with different fonts, my personal preference is for the modern style as the blade itself is a classic in it's own right and demonstrates a link to the past that we all embrace.
Other than that I don't think it's too far away.

+1 for the original 'uncoated' treatment. May I suggest, for what it's worth, that 'The Shaving Room' appear on one line? At the moment the word 'room' appears a bit lost. Perhaps if it ran along the top (with or without spaces between the words), we would have room at the bottom of the blade for a strapline: something that sums up TSR's raison d'etre.

Eg: " Home to the UK's wetshaving harcore/faithful".

Lovely stuff, though, antdad. I stumbled upon this thread late last night and got quite excited by the idea of a logo. So excited, in fact, that I picked up pen and paper myself. So, if you'll pardon the intrusion at this late stage, here's my effort:[attachment=0]

My original thought was a take on Jamie Reid's iconic 'Never mind the bollocks' image of the Queen's Head with a safety pin through her nose. I thought about adding a thick shaving lather to Her Majesy's face, and replacing the line with 'Never Mind the Cartridges'. I was aiming for an idea that referenced the UK, wetshaving as well as the healthy irreverance and sense of humour found on this forum. Feeling it was a bit 'too' anarchic, I ended up at the above postage stamp idea. Colours could change to a red background and a navy blue Queen's head (white lather stays the same, obviously).

Naturally, 'TheShavingRoom' would appear on there somewhere, too. And perhaps the strapline I mentioned at the beginning of this post.

Attachments

• QueensHead2.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 12
antdad said:
I'm inspired Naked, thank you.

Next theme, needs work...

[attachment=0]

Glad to be of assistance! Just to confuse the issue even further ( :lol: ), I'd like to make another suggestion: A long keyhole to replace the traditional die-cut pattern at the centre of the blade, which would be stood vertically instead of horizontally. This links shaving and the word 'room' - a visual pun if you like. Wait, I'm on a roll! - strapline/motto could be "Beware all ye who enter here".

:oops: ...I can hear tumbleweed...lots and lots of tumbleweed, tumbling round an empty town...

ummm...I don't know what to say, I'm stunned.

I can't really hear the tumble weed but I can see it through my telescope on the Sea of Tranquility. ;)

I now have a general idea by the comments made what members have a preference for, so I will post three solutions that should satisfy most and the mods can put it up for the vote.

antdad said:
Needs work but it's a start.

tsrlogo2.jpg

The blade is magnificent in its simplicity! Entirely appropriate and is what it says on the blade...

There is a great danger that this concept, noble and a cracking idea though it is, is going to get too complicated then subject to a working party, committee, study group, quango (well, you get the idea...).

Lead us to the promised land Boab.

Back
Top Bottom