Turkish Lemon Cologne

Hi there all,

I am a new member (today) and I am really about enthusiastic about wet shaving following a trip to Istanbul last month, where I had the best haircut and shave ever! The Barber used some lemon smelling cologne on me and I wondered if anyone knows where I could buy some online - I live in West Wales and there is nowhere local that sells anything like it.

Thanks for your help,
Erik.

Try to see if there is a turkish supermarket near you.

Is it this stuff
kolonya_bogazici.gif

or this
5104016..jpg

the second you an order online here http://www.turkishsupermarket.co.uk/duru-lemon-cologne-p-1116.html

That's great - thanks for your help.

There is a problem. I can't track down any of the first type of Cologne in the UK (which is the one I really want) and the second brand, they require a minimum order of £30. If anyone has any further options, please let me know. Thanks.

pedro083 said:
Try to see if there is a turkish supermarket near you.

Is it this stuff
kolonya_bogazici.gif

or this
5104016..jpg

the second you an order online here http://www.turkishsupermarket.co.uk/duru-lemon-cologne-p-1116.html

Oh go on! :angel:

I just came back from Istanbul and only after my return did I realise what a great shave and haircut experience I had out there. Of course, since I come back, I now know that Turkey is the place to buy this stuff really cheap! Well at least I came back with a new interest (in all things shaving)!

quattrojames said:
I was in Turkey recently and bought 1 litre of Duru, great stuff! I'll not tell you what it cost ...

erik1963 said:
Oh go on! :angel:

I just came back from Istanbul and only after my return did I realise what a great shave and haircut experience I had out there. Of course, since I come back, I now know that Turkey is the place to buy this stuff really cheap! Well at least I came back with a new interest (in all things shaving)!

I was the same this time last year, at least I managed to bring an Arko stick back with me! One litre of Duru was < 4TL, or about £2....

Hi Pete,

Thanks for that. If you let me know, I will send you a paypal payment to cover the purchase, postage and any other costs. Let me know,

Regards,
Erik.

Pete said:
I can get the Limon Kolonyasi at a shop near to me. Not sure how much it costs but I'll have a look tomorrow.

erik1963 said:
Hi Pete,

Thanks for that. If you let me know, I will send you a paypal payment to cover the purchase, postage and any other costs. Let me know,

Regards,
Erik.

Well I had a look this morning, unfortunately no Lemon cologne in stock, sorry. :icon_sad:

No sign of any Arko sticks either, the only things I could see were Derby shaving cream and Duru bath soap. I'll have a look again in a month or so.

Hi Pete,

No problem. Thanks for taking the time to look anyway. Now, I'm off to Prague for a few days next week. Anything I should look for (shaving wise) so I know before I go!:s

Erik.

Pete said:
erik1963 said:
Hi Pete,

Regards,
Erik.

Well I had a look this morning, unfortunately no Lemon cologne in stock, sorry. :icon_sad:

No sign of any Arko sticks either, the only things I could see were Derby shaving cream and Duru bath soap. I'll have a look again in a month or so.

Beer and architecture.

erik1963 said:
Hi Pete,

No problem. Thanks for taking the time to look anyway. Now, I'm off to Prague for a few days next week. Anything I should look for (shaving wise) so I know before I go!:s

Erik.

Pete said:
erik1963 said:
Hi Pete,

Regards,
Erik.

At last! :icon_razz: Finally found a UK based supplier of Bogazicki Turkish Lemon Cologne. See below:

http://www.ele-uk.co.uk/index.php?webpage=product_detail.php&product_id=7734&cID=1397

Bit steep the price mind you, £10 a bottle. I bet it costs peanuts in Turkey.

I like the Turkish Lemon scent myself. There are various ones as it must be a popular scent over there. They also have a Tabacco scent and a Lavendar one as well.

Found a Turkish barber selling Duru cologne for £5 for a 200ml splash bottle or 150ml spray bottle. Happy to buy and ship if you wish though not sure how much it would cost to post - (PO calculator indicates £2.48 1st class, £2.16 2nd for up to 500g package,might fit in 2 for this).

Back
Top Bottom