U2's New Album - Come here and have a rant about it

U2's New Album - Free to download on iTunes

If you loathe U2 this is the place to vent your frustration and angst.

Get it all out there on the table lads...

RE: U2's New Album - Free to download on iTunes

First pass was pretty naff for me too... although their last few albums have grown on me over time.

I heard on the radio today that Apple are believed to have paid them in the region of 100 million US Dollars for the rights to the album and some promotional work.

RE: U2's New Album - Free to download on iTunes

Agreed, unlike their early work, latter creations seem to improve on the ears. Chris Evans was plugging it this morning on Radio 2.

Just found out that Apple have automatically given this to everyone ! I don't bloody want it, I don't like U2, never have done and never will !

The only use for a U2 CD for me would be scrapping the ice off on a frosty morning.

Northam Saint said:
Just found out that Apple have automatically given this to everyone ! I don't bloody want it, I don't like U2, never have done and never will !

The only use for a U2 CD for me would be scrapping the ice off on a frosty morning.

Agreed, most overrated band (other than the Beatles) to walk the planet IMO...

I kind of liked the early stuff, probably because at the time I felt I should somehow. Then Achtung Baby came out which I still think is an amazing album. Then for some reason nothing they have done has appealed. Now Morrissey's new LP - that's another story!

p.b said:
Pig Cat said:
...Now Morrissey's new LP - that's another story!

You think it's good? I'm still waiting for my copy to be delivered.

Yes I do, and I wouldn't particularly call myself a fan. I listened to it on Spotify quite a few times for the fortnight it was on there. Then the man himself told them to take it down, something to do with a clash with his record company. I don't get excited about new music very much these days, but that album and discovering John Grant have been a couple of highlights of the last year for me. I'm sure I'll order the CD at some point soon as I'd like to hear it in my collection.

Back
Top Bottom