U2's New Album - Come here and have a rant about it

Pig Cat said:
p.b said:
Pig Cat said:
...Now Morrissey's new LP - that's another story!

You think it's good? I'm still waiting for my copy to be delivered.

Yes I do, and I wouldn't particularly call myself a fan. I listened to it on Spotify quite a few times for the fortnight it was on there. Then the man himself told them to take it down, something to do with a clash with his record company. I don't get excited about new music very much these days, but that album and discovering John Grant have been a couple of highlights of the last year for me. I'm sure I'll order the CD at some point soon as I'd like to hear it in my collection.

Excellent news! Like you, over the last 5 years or so I've found new music very uninteresting but The Queen of Denmark would be a desert island disc for me.

I liked Achtung Baby and loved Zooropa. The earlier stuff I didn't mind and would happily listen to it on the radio but not so much I'd search it out. The last few albums have been beyond boring though - especially How To Dismantle A Nuclear Bomb.

Don't mind the latest single which has grown on me but I can only listen to it - as soon as I set eyes on Bono trying too hard it's cringeworthy.

Back
Top Bottom