Closed UK Pass Around: Bunny Razor V3 - Finished.

And we have lift off. I declare the UK Bunny pass around open. The Bunny is on its way to @Nico1970.

Here is what's in the box:
One Bunny V3 razor in box
Three injector clips with 7 Chinese Schick blades each
Three injector clips with 2 NOS Schick Twin blades each
Two injector clips in little boxes marked ‘Only to be opened by grarea'

The little boxes marked ‘Only to be opened by grarea' are, as the message suggests, only to be opened by @grarea.
Anyone who already has the blades included in the pass around is encouraged to use their own blades.

1. Nico1970
  2. Bechet
  3. globalm
  4. rowlers
  5. mpf9ret
  6. Burgundy
  7. Tall_Paul
  8. Rufus Firefly
  9. Geofnay
  10. Sabre
  11. grarea
  12. missingskin
  13. Francorelli
  14. p.b
  15. UKRob
  16. barber bear
  17. Stacy555
  18. mikebrownington
The list is open.

Legend: Waiting, On the way to, Currently with, Completed

Second shave with the Bunny V3

Thank you, Tom

Speick Men shaving cream
L'Occitane Plisson brush
Bunny V3 razor MILD
Chinese Schick blade (1)
Speick Men ASL
Speick Men ASB
Speick Men EdT

As the pass around Bunny was already made shave ready and boxed up to start its adventures, today's shave was the first of hopefully many shaves with the raffle Bunny.
I love everything Speick and quite often I do an all Speick shave. Today is a such a day.
I opted for another fresh Chinese Schick blade, as yesterday's blade was ejected with a blank, cleaned and blunted to replace the blank in my ‘Blanks' injector clip.
I did another four pass shave, but I'll probably go down to three passes soon. The Mild comb is probably going to be my go to comb. It's quite amazing how effortless the Bunny's head glides across my face, even more so with the ‘Mild' comb than with the ‘Notso'. I didn't think I could cut myself until I actually did :eek:. The problem was of course the angle. When going ATG from upper neck, around the jawline and up to the lower lip I have developed a peculiar technique that is a combination of changing the angle of the handle and instead of moving the razor, I do a slow downwards nod with my head. I don't use this technique all the time, but when I do it works a treat for me at 30 degrees. At 80 degrees it didn't work at all today. I got a couple of nicks around my chin that needed styptic attention. I was quite annoyed with myself as I knew exactly where and how I had gone wrong. This will just need more practice and doesn't worry me
Apart from those minor inconveniences that were my own fault, how was the shave? Grand. This time I didn't miss any patches and my face was smooth all over. As far as closeness of the shave goes, this was as good as it gets. I got angry complaints from the alum block and the ASL around the chin area (not surprisingly), but just a mild sting elsewhere.
Another triumph for the Bunny. Eight hours after the shave I have serious doubts that there will be anything to be shaved tomorrow. Most of my face and neck still easily qualify as BBS. So I might have to take a break from the Bunny tomorrow. I'll see. The plan is to stick with the ‘Mild' comb and the Chinese Schick blade for a while until my brain has internalised the 80 degree angle. It's not difficult, but I need to concentrate or muscle memory will take over and bite me.
Weather permitting I'll try and take some pictures soon. Promised.

Thank you, Tom

TBC...

Glad you are liking the shave.

I had nicks for the first half dozen shaves. I have not had any after that. You mirror my feelings on not feeling you cannot cut yourself. But we know that is not the case. [emoji45]

I really like how the NOTSO shaves for me now that I have a few months under my belt. I have only shaved 4 times without it in that time.

Please remember feather touch works great with the Bunny.

Tom

Nice write up. +1 on the angle being the key to getting the best of the Bunny.

Hoping to see a pic or two of the Bunny on the loose in London. :D
Second shave with the Bunny V3

Thank you, Tom

Speick Men shaving cream
L'Occitane Plisson brush
Bunny V3 razor MILD
Chinese Schick blade (1)
Speick Men ASL
Speick Men ASB
Speick Men EdT

As the pass around Bunny was already made shave ready and boxed up to start its adventures, today's shave was the first of hopefully many shaves with the raffle Bunny.
I love everything Speick and quite often I do an all Speick shave. Today is a such a day.
I opted for another fresh Chinese Schick blade, as yesterday's blade was ejected with a blank, cleaned and blunted to replace the blank in my ‘Blanks' injector clip.
I did another four pass shave, but I'll probably go down to three passes soon. The Mild comb is probably going to be my go to comb. It's quite amazing how effortless the Bunny's head glides across my face, even more so with the ‘Mild' comb than with the ‘Notso'. I didn't think I could cut myself until I actually did :eek:. The problem was of course the angle. When going ATG from upper neck, around the jawline and up to the lower lip I have developed a peculiar technique that is a combination of changing the angle of the handle and instead of moving the razor, I do a slow downwards nod with my head. I don't use this technique all the time, but when I do it works a treat for me at 30 degrees. At 80 degrees it didn't work at all today. I got a couple of nicks around my chin that needed styptic attention. I was quite annoyed with myself as I knew exactly where and how I had gone wrong. This will just need more practice and doesn't worry me
Apart from those minor inconveniences that were my own fault, how was the shave? Grand. This time I didn't miss any patches and my face was smooth all over. As far as closeness of the shave goes, this was as good as it gets. I got angry complaints from the alum block and the ASL around the chin area (not surprisingly), but just a mild sting elsewhere.
Another triumph for the Bunny. Eight hours after the shave I have serious doubts that there will be anything to be shaved tomorrow. Most of my face and neck still easily qualify as BBS. So I might have to take a break from the Bunny tomorrow. I'll see. The plan is to stick with the ‘Mild' comb and the Chinese Schick blade for a while until my brain has internalised the 80 degree angle. It's not difficult, but I need to concentrate or muscle memory will take over and bite me.
Weather permitting I'll try and take some pictures soon. Promised.

Thank you, Tom

TBC...
Great Report Andreas..The Bunny is Flat Against the Face..Totally just About..Even with the MILD Comb I just need a Touch up after 2 Passes..That's why I suggested using the Mild Comb at first because its more Subtle than One would think at First..:p

Billy

Put me down for a go on this, I'm on the Clog Pruf at the mo so will be a nice comparison.
Certainly.

1. Nico1970
  2. Bechet
  3. globalm
  4. rowlers
  5. mpf9ret
  6. Burgundy
  7. Tall_Paul
  8. Boab
  9. Rufus Firefly
  10. Geofnay
  11. Sabre
  12. grarea
  13. missingskin
  14. Francorelli
  15. p.b
  16. UKRob
  17. barber bear
  18. Stacy555
  19. mikebrownington
The list is open.

Legend: Waiting, On the way to, Currently with, Completed

As predicted, I had to skip shaving today due to lack of stubble. That puts the Bunny up there with the best. Others give a shave that feels as close initially, but only very few give a shave that lasts as long. I can think of the Digress on 5, the Wolfman, the R41 and the NeoGam.
Another bunny shave tomorrow. Oh, and no pictures today. I would have had time in the morning, but it was pissing down in London :rolleyes:

The Bunny has been out and about today. More pictures to come
BunnyTowerBridge1.png

Back
Top Bottom