Closed UK Pass Around: Bunny Razor V3 - Finished.

The Bunny has been out and about today. More pictures to come
BunnyTowerBridge1.png

Great pic. I guess you can teach an old Bunny new tricks after all. :D

Great pic. I guess you can teach an old Bunny new tricks after all. :D
No tricks involved, Karl. What you see below the Bunny is not the handle of the brush, but the stand of a black Standard razor :D
Sorry, Tom, but SWMBO said your stand is not of the same elegance as the razor, so I used a different one for the photo shoot. :p

Third shave with the Bunny V3

Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
Omega Hi-Brush 46751
Bunny V3 razor MILD
Chinese Schick blade (2)
4711 Portugal ASL
4711 Portugal EdT

Better and worse.
Better: No nicks today, even around the chin. I must be getting better with the angle. :D
Worse: Not as close around the chin as yesterday. My angle isn't perfect yet :rolleyes:
Apart from that, there is not much to report. Pretty much the same as yesterday. I'll be getting more practice with the same Schick/MILD setup. I'll not be boring you guys with shave reports until I change combs or blades.
TBC...

Andreas @riverrun - I collected the package from RM today. The Bunny Razor is now with me...:D
Thanks, Martin.

1. Nico1970
  2. Bechet
  3. globalm
  4. rowlers
  5. mpf9ret
  6. Burgundy
  7. Tall_Paul
  8. Boab
  9. Rufus Firefly
  10. Geofnay
  11. Sabre
  12. grarea
  13. missingskin
  14. Francorelli
  15. p.b
  16. UKRob
  17. barber bear
  18. Stacy555
  19. mikebrownington
The list is open.

Legend: Waiting, On the way to, Currently with, Completed

What are your very first impressions of it out of the box? :)

First impressions out of the box @Darkbulb were not good.

The aluminium handle has already picked up loads of scratches and scuffs which detracts somewhat from the strangely attractive Art Deco design.

Of some concern too, there is a significant amount of play in the main part of the spring at the side where the injector key enters. I believe Tom's original design had 3nr pins (or screws) holding the main spring in place whereas the V3 has only 2nr pins centrally located. With repeated use of the injector key, this is only going to get worse - it is quite noticeable in the this photograph.

Looking beyond the above, however, it is abundantly clear that the design is so unique and Tom's engineering skills are supreme. The way each of the 3nr plates fit into the razor's seat has to be seen to be believed. Even without the retaining screw inserted, the tolerance is so close that there is no movement whatsoever in the plate.

Notwithstanding its propensity to easily scratch and scuff, in actuality the aluminium really does feel good (warm too) in the hand and the razor is very nicely weighted.

Early days of course, and I haven't even wielded the razor in anger yet. I'm really looking forward to trying it out though - shave reports to follow in due course.

Thanks to Tom @twhite510 for putting the razor up for pass around and Andreas @riverrun for facilitating the same.

Ohh, one more thing - I don't like the name 'Bunny Razor'. Totally subjective, I know, but in the same vein as no-one wants to be Mr Pink, a more masculine name would be indicated if it was my bunny...;)

First impressions out of the box @Darkbulb were not good.

The aluminium handle has already picked up loads of scratches and scuffs which detracts somewhat from the strangely attractive Art Deco design.

Of some concern too, there is a significant amount of play in the main part of the spring at the side where the injector key enters. I believe Tom's original design had 3nr pins (or screws) holding the main spring in place whereas the V3 has only 2nr pins centrally located. With repeated use of the injector key, this is only going to get worse - it is quite noticeable in the this photograph.

Looking beyond the above, however, it is abundantly clear that the design is so unique and Tom's engineering skills are supreme. The way each of the 3nr plates fit into the razor's seat has to be seen to be believed. Even without the retaining screw inserted, the tolerance is so close that there is no movement whatsoever in the plate.

Notwithstanding its propensity to easily scratch and scuff, in actuality the aluminium really does feel good (warm too) in the hand and the razor is very nicely weighted.

Early days of course, and I haven't even wielded the razor in anger yet. I'm really looking forward to trying it out though - shave reports to follow in due course.

Thanks to Tom @twhite510 for putting the razor up for pass around and Andreas @riverrun for facilitating the same.

Ohh, one more thing - I don't like the name 'Bunny Razor'. Totally subjective, I know, but in the same vein as no-one wants to be Mr Pink, a more masculine name would be indicated if it was my bunny...;)
Toms V 2 Injector..:p
DSC_0240_zpsyvhi45cb.jpg

My Bunny V 2 has the same spring set up the same as the Bunny V 3...:)

Billy

Toms V 2 Injector..:p
DSC_0240_zpsyvhi45cb.jpg

My Bunny V 2 has the same spring set up the same as the Bunny V 3...:)

Billy
The very first incarnation had 3 screws. I had that arrangement to keep the spring down evenly.

I appreciate your honest feed back. That is the only way I will be able to improve on the design.

Now I anxiously await a shave review.

Tom

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457135382.077747.jpg

Back
Top Bottom