Closed Village Barber Oil & Balm

Being a fully qualified buffoon, I managed to forget this at work for a couple of days.
I tried updating on an iPad but alas the reviews failed to show.
So, I'm not a user of shaving oil per se - I tend to use a King of Shaves oil or a sportstar oil as a pre-shave before lathering.
First shave was an oil only shave as per the Village Barber's own video. Good shave, nice feel, albeit very different if you like or are used to a lather.
Second shave - used as a preshave with ProRaso - again a really good shave
Third shave - same again with Arko - same result
Today's final shave will be n oil only shave again.

On all occasions - I used the AS Balm - there is nothing at all I can say that I don't like about this stuff. Smell is great, not greasy on the skin in any way and left my coupon feeling fresh.

Will be off to the next lucky chap (fly3k) this afternoon or tomorrow.

Verdict - Oil - good stuff and if you're an oil shaver I'm sure it would be one of the best out there
Balm - faultless, indeed now on the 'must have list'
Cheers Gents!

benthespaniel said:
Being a fully qualified buffoon, I managed to forget this at work for a couple of days.
I tried updating on an iPad but alas the reviews failed to show.
So, I'm not a user of shaving oil per se - I tend to use a King of Shaves oil or a sportstar oil as a pre-shave before lathering.
First shave was an oil only shave as per the Village Barber's own video. Good shave, nice feel, albeit very different if you like or are used to a lather.
Second shave - used as a preshave with ProRaso - again a really good shave
Third shave - same again with Arko - same result
Today's final shave will be n oil only shave again.

On all occasions - I used the AS Balm - there is nothing at all I can say that I don't like about this stuff. Smell is great, not greasy on the skin in any way and left my coupon feeling fresh.

Will be off to the next lucky chap (fly3k) this afternoon or tomorrow.

Verdict - Oil - good stuff and if you're an oil shaver I'm sure it would be one of the best out there
Balm - faultless, indeed now on the 'must have list'
Cheers Gents!

If you used it 4 times, and shaved ALL your chins, is there any left?

:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

I see the last post was a good few months ago now but I was wondering if any of the oil and balm were still left and if so, is it still being passed around? I'd very much like to try it out. I'm getting a fair amount of irritation at the moment and I wondered if a shaving oil might provide better results.

Back
Top Bottom