vintage DE Razors

Sunburyboy93 said:
John said:
Thanks, people I was in two minds to post the links in the first place......but I got to know..... Did any body have luck?....please tell me you did,that aristocrat only had one bidder....

well it wasn't me.....i'm skint already this month, apart from vintage Razors and Fountain Pens, i have now discovered Vintage watches......:s:s money is just flying out the window :blush::blush:

You'll have to post some of your watches Steve. Be interesting to see what you like.

There is a flip side to this.
Lets say someone on here is going to bid, they obviously don't want other bidders as competition.
But lets also say that an auction has been found by someone who has not intention of bidding, but could possibly go unnoticed by someone who will place a bid.
Its the old DE vs Straight and PC vs Mac debates.
Link to live auctions to help people find interesting auctions vs Don't link because one or two people may not want competition.

I'll happily sit on the fence on this one

I also have mixed feels but I've also gone to the site and bid on the razor. Actually thing I was high bidder on one of the items.:)-). On these three I would have been late and the prices were too high for me. Can see the feels both ways . What do trouble me is when eBay using one of the items that I'm bidding on for Best Match. If they're tell me that, then they're telling another 1000 bidders the same thing!!

You can see the dilemma between posting a live auction and a finished one can't you, if I had waited untill they had finished and then posted the results, people might go
"you could have told me :mad:" but then again the flip side of the coin I get what happend last night sombody was sweeting it out,

hoping it was going to slip under the radar and along comes John, switching on a spotlight, "zer vill be no escaping from das camp ,englander
Hands up Aus,Aus, schnell, schnell aber,aber"

Result, not a happy bunny :blush: sorry

On another forum I used to be on there was an unwritten rule that if someone posted a link to a live auction it meant that they were intending to bid and others were to stay away. i think it had good intentions at the start and was considered quite friendly with most people saying 'yeah go for it, we'll let you win'
There was then a list of users forum ID's to ebay ID's and you can imagine the toys thrown out of prams when auctions were lost to other forum members. It got quite heated at times.

I recon that's a good plan,we are a community after all, helping each other out and all that, the only trouble with that, it's open to abuse ,"it's a live auction, all's fair in love and war" attitude exists ,and you can't blame people for that can you?

Tricky one.

I tend to avoid posting links - generally from the view that any serious collectors will have ebay saved searches that email them when something corresponding gets listed. They aren't that tricky to set up and can be refined to a good degree.

It does give that lack of a community feel though, if something nice comes up that you think someone would like but that you yourself aren't interested in, and you feel it would have been nice to let other TSR'rs know about it.

That was my intention,we all know what it's like when bidding or seeing something you know that some boddy from TSR would love to get but could have missed out on.

personally and this may sound unsporting to non TSR Members, but I would rather some boddy else from TSR was in with a chance, if Be it ,a small one

It's a tricky one as i have seen various arguments about live auction links on various forums before and i for one don't see any issues with posting links unless someone had posted links to their own auctions to ensure that there would be a significant gain for them by doing so...

I'd be sure to bet any money on those 3 razors that were listed were in many peoples watch list before they were posted here as they were in mine. it's also safe to say that anyone who is collecting razors has plenty of searches set up on ebay for various keyword's i know i have around 40 English keyword searches for razors and others in french german spanish etc so more than likely if someone has spotted something on the bay that they think others may have missed in a search then chances are i or they will have spotted it also...

Back
Top Bottom