Vinyl or CD

DPTC said:
Do people actually still buy CD's anymore? Thought about selling mine on ebay but didn't think people would still buy them.

I sold a few on ebay, ones I knew were limited edition or harder to get hold of. I had a few New. Order ones that fetched a few quid. But most of them went to the boot sale.

DPTC said:
Do people actually still buy CD's anymore? Thought about selling mine on ebay but didn't think people would still buy them.

try the marketplace in Discogs.com. you'll get a fairer price. eBay is 'controlled' by Music Magpie so the majority of CDs are only worth pence.

Well I bought a record player (car boot) and gave it a go quality not to bad brings back some fond memories of years gone by. Over all pleased with the out come

isaiah53 said:
DPTC said:

i still buy cd's, i like to have something in my hand. downloads just dont do it for me, far too ephemeral for my liking.

With you all the way on that score, Chris. Love my CDs and vinyl records. These days I buy my CDs second-hand through Amazon Marketplace mostly. Can often get get a few of the more obscure classical recordings that are no longer issued for mere a pittance.

Today, I've been listening to a late 50s, early stereo EMI recording on lovely, thick vinyl of Sir Thomas Beecham conducting his very own Royal Philharmonic Orchestra performing various Delius works. Rega Planar 3 turntable, Creek amp and Yew veneer Castle Severn II floor standing speakers - all well over ten years old ('cept the cartridge) and still sounding as mellifluous and beguiling as when I first bought them. All British made too. Think Castle and Creek manufacture overseas now though - shame.

Glad you enjoyed your vinyl retro experiment, Inker. Vinyl is far from dead. In fact, in audiophile circles (not me for sure), 24 bit, 96khz or higher, remastered 180g or heavier vinyl is reckoned to be the very best sound reproduction there is. Providing you have the kit to get the most out of it of course. I'll stick with my old setup and the odd second-hand vinyl or CD purchase. Magic!

Streaming? That's what my eyes do in midsummer when the high pollen count triggers the hay fever!

Back
Top Bottom