Wade & Butcher finished

Well I've just finished the restoration on this Wade & Butcher, everything original including the scales which I'm pleased to say turned out better than I thought they would, haven't yet honed the razor, I have several other razors I must hone first so this can join the queue, I'm really excited about giving this razor a shave after all she's around 150 years old, OK on to the photo's hope you enjoy.

Jamie

WadeButcher001.jpg

WadeButcherRestoration001.jpg

WadeButcherRestoration002.jpg

WadeButcherRestoration004.jpg

WadeButcherRestoration005.jpg

That's a real beauty! Probably one of the nicest you've shown but I do like that Taylor's 3000 one. Go on, show some pictures of the two side by side, pretty please......? :D

Absolutely Tony, I had a fairly good idea from the description and the two pictures I saw, but you can never be overly confident until it's in your hands, lucky for me It was a little craker.

Jamie.

Jamie, fantastic work. Glad you found a W&B chopper to restore, they are great shavers. You did a superb job bringing those scales back to life again. What was your technique for doing that, also where did you get the bullseye washers from?

I've almost finished my chopper restore, will send you pics once I've finished the scales.

Jody

jodypress said:
Jamie, fantastic work. Glad you found a W&B chopper to restore, they are great shavers. You did a superb job bringing those scales back to life again. What was your technique for doing that, also where did you get the bullseye washers from?

I've almost finished my chopper restore, will send you pics once I've finished the scales.

Jody

Hi Jody I usually start with 600 grit If like these scales they where fairly rough looking, then I work my way through using micro mesh after 1200 grit then all the way up to 12000, you are usually polishing horn or plastic with micro mesh after 8000, and the washers they are not bulls eye washers they are three individual washers each one slightly larger than the next, I did think of using stainless steel and nickel silver in the same set up up, but the original had brass so I decided to stick with that, If you need any help you have my E-mail address feel free to contact me anytime.

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom