Wallets

I tend not to use cash so much these days, all goes on straight on my bank card.

Only cash I *do*need is for lunch at work.

This is what has worked for me excellently during the last 5 years - separate wallets for coins/notes which I always keep together:

photo-113.jpg

photo-114.jpg

photo-116.jpg

photo-117.jpg

photo-115.jpg

I have a tan Lloyd Baker leather wallet that I bought at Paddington Station from a leather stall, just for notes and cards and the odd receipt. I don't think it was very dear but it's nice.

Coins go in my pocket. I don't use them much but they're handy for parking. At the end of a day I take all coins of 50 pence and under and put them in the coin jar for a little treat every 6 months, it usually becomes holiday spending money. If I have more than about 3 pound coins in my pocket, a couple of those go in as well.
Gives me about 200 quid spends every 6 months or so.

A thin black leather Next wallet for cards and cash. Shrapnel in trouser pockets. If possible any pound coins go in a Dalek money box to go towards a Takeaway once a month

I had the same one now for ~10yrs. It has a coin section that I use to keep those little key chain sized discount cards that stores give out.
It's I Harley Davidson one that originally came with a chain to secure it to your belt.
Do need a new one.

"It's I Harley Davidson one that originally came with a chain to secure it to your belt."

Have you ever heard that Dennis Leary routine where he berates the "skater chain" trend of a few years ago?
"I've got pierced balls, and I use the chain so I can attach my keys to my balls. That way I always know where my keys and my balls are".
You just reminded me of that. :-D

I had a plain black leather Tula wallet from the age of 15 up until summer 2010 (about 15 years), a simple notes and cards affair. It had worn its way and when I was in Cyprus in 2010 I bought a marbled brown leather wallet.

It had one flaw, I got back to the UK and realised that it just held a £20 note and no more, it had been designed for Euros.

When I was in Italy last year I got a new black leather wallet, notes/cards and its the right size. Hopefully I'll get a good decade out of it at least.

Back
Top Bottom