Wallets

i have an M&S signature wallet (usually get one every 10 years as they last about this long) and it has space for my cards, my notes, a driving licence window and a zipped coin section.

Works for me.. I hate loose coins rolling around in pockets, ruins the line of your trousers and looks very shabby IMHO.

Aside from anything else, my experience is that - for me - coins in pockets largely stay in pockets until transferred to a jar where they stay until the end of time, because you just never get hold of the ones you want. A coin purse, in the other hand, is essentially self-emptying; you can easily see and get at what you have.

I also suspect coins are second only to keys as pocket-wreckers. My keys live in a zip-closed leather key-carrier, too.

Chaps, I'm after a recommendation for a holder for my driving licence. It will contain only the paper and photo card parts of the licence, and would preferably be made of leather.

If anyone has a suggestion from personal experience, please post it on here for my evaluation:icon_razz::icon_razz:

Lose the beard said:
I keep the paper part at home in the envelope in which it came. The card part I carry with me in my wallet. I have never needed to produce the paper part.

Doesn't it say, when you get a licence from the DVLA that you need to have both together ?

The DVLA do state if you are stopped by the Police you I'll be required to show them both ! A pain and very silly. Let's face is you give them our name a quick chek gives them everything about you. The plastic cards photo gives an ID. I carry both, just in case and just to help the Police. I would rather do that than do a 24 mile round trip to the nearest open to the public Police station.

I have been tugged a few times. mostly because in my last job I drove a succession of utter sheds that didnt look road legal (they were 100% road legal) on the grounds that when they were vandalised by unhappy patients who for one reason or another were not getting their methadone that day, I wasnt too upset. I always kept 2 wheels in the boot and a tin of tyre weld.

The picture licence bit was always fine, they never bothered with the paper part.

The last time I was tugged was for going through a red light on the day my father died - in fairness there were three sets of lights in quick succession and I happened to be looking at the wrong ones when they went to green. Unfortunately I had a Black Maria at the side of me and a Panda at the back of me as I set off against the red light :s

I have a lower back problem (most of it is held together with titanium) which wasn't helped by carrying my wallet in my hip pocket, and I was recommended to try one of these:

http://www.all-ett.com/inside-id/

They're amazingly slim, and as a result I just tend to carry a minimum of cards (4) and a few notes in it.

Coin holders are, as has already been pointed out, purses. Coins are carried in a manly fashion, in pockets.

Regards

Ian

I just carry notes in my wallet and use this for my cards.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Matt-Credit-Card-Case-Holder/dp/B000SM5GLI/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1328435059&sr=8-6

OLD THREAD WARNING!

Im a bit of a minimalist when it comes to wallets - despite owning countless bits of plastic I manage to survive most days with just 4....
My NHS spine card
My "switch" card (visa debit as it is nowadays)
My Tesco mastercard / clubcard (which I use for almost everything and clear every month just to get the points that I use for petrol) and my driving licence...
For a while they have sat quite happily in this Benson & Hedges card wallet which also has a middle slot for pound notes and usually has a tenner in it....
8687229908_496444e605_n.jpg

I have however just pulled the trigger on one of these:-

saddleback by Micrashed, on Flickr

A couple of emails to confirm when they were next going to have the Chestnut in stock (not for ages) and that they would do shipping for $15 rather than the $44 the site quotes clinched it and the buy button was pressed!

I carry a similar two-each-side middle-slot card wallet, from M&S for not very much, and notes folded in half and held with a mini binder clip. Low profile ftw.

I'm actually not sure what that wallet is, got a link?

I'm intrigued by some of the American ones with money clips, but I sort of doubt they work any better than my improv solution.

Back
Top Bottom