Weber Razor

Hey Martin. Thanks for the offer on using the handle and as I responded, I thought I had enough handles for the S-head so I wasn't thinking on the handle at this time. My friend recently purchased a head and handle from Bob's Razors that looked "Sierra Hotel" and the weight felt good and balanced. But the N factor didn't hit me in the head.

Still, after negotiating with the appropriations committe chairwoman for an allowance since I retired 3.5 months ago, I was thinking that for an SS razor made here in the states that the price is right and yes it is going up in price as someone above mentioned. But a Futur is running from mid to upper $70s (78 I think recently).

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up space. My RAD lapse is on the edge.

I like the black head - high N factor. I also like the black head of a Good Fellow from ZLand but I still wait. But now the Weber silver coated head (or whatever) is something I discovered here tonight. When that is available, I'll set the hook and send it to Chicago for you to try. $70 bucks for an SS is quite the deal and makes "cents".

Let me know if you want to try a 1905 - SN: 230699. The original 3 hole blade serial number 841 gave me a wonderful 2 pass. Works best for me with a Shark - C. Good to be back after a long spell. Regards, Robert

Robert Otten said:
Hey Martin.

. But now the Weber silver coated head (or whatever) is something I discovered here tonight. When that is available, I'll set the hook and send it to Chicago for you to try. $70 bucks for an SS is quite the deal and makes "cents".

How's it goin Benefactor Bob,

Heh, talk about an offer I can't refuse. Man, that is very generous of you to gimme a shot at that thing. I admit to being curious about how that head would fit me. Thanks!

I'll skip the loan of that other razor, since I have a feeling it might try and bite me. Thank you though.

Marty

Oh, I woulda thought I'd have seen some razor pics of yours in that other thread. I know you have a pleasant collections of French Floozies that you don't see every day.

I received the DLC (black head) Weber Razor with the shorter, heavier Bulldog handle today. I will try a shave tomorrow morning (Tuesday). The ARC head (silver) feels much smoother than the DLC.

The Weber and my Futur are my favorite modern DE razors so far.

dodgy said:
SpeedyBabylon5 said:
Pushed the buy button, couldn't resist it!

Hi there,

Excellent (said in my best Monty Burns voice),

I hope I may have 'helped' in some small way.

Martin

If it wasn't for your post Martin I wouldn't be aware of the Weber and having done some research I now realise what great reviews they get. Can't wait to try it!
Thanks..

lindyhop66 said:
I received the DLC (black head) Weber Razor with the shorter, heavier Bulldog handle today. I will try a shave tomorrow morning (Tuesday). The ARC head (silver) feels much smoother than the DLC.

The Weber and my Futur are my favorite modern DE razors so far.

Looking forward to your review of these razors, from what I have read so far the DLC apparently glides smoothly even when just wet without lather.

I did a cold water shave with my new DLC(black) bull mastiff handled Weber razor. I did shower first and wash my face with warm water and Musgo Real Lime Glyce soap. Then I splashed lots of cold water on my face and olive/castor oil/glycerin pre-shave. I cold lathered some of your British Professor Blighty's Peppermint soap with some Proraso cream. 2 passes (WTG and XTG) with some minor touchup under the chin. First pass was closer than I've gotten with any DE or SE razor and slightly closer than the Weber ARC head with long lighter handle. I could have quit with the one pass and touchup, probably.

A BBS shave. At 12 hours later, only minor stubble viewable or felt by hand.

I really like these Webers. Both give terrific and close shaves with no irrititation. The special coatings on the head do make the razor glide on your skin.

A must try.

lindyhop66 said:
I did a cold water shave with my new DLC(black) bull mastiff handled Weber razor. I did shower first and wash my face with warm water and Musgo Real Lime Glyce soap. Then I splashed lots of cold water on my face and olive/castor oil/glycerin pre-shave. I cold lathered some of your British Professor Blighty's Peppermint soap with some Proraso cream. 2 passes (WTG and XTG) with some minor touchup under the chin. First pass was closer than I've gotten with any DE or SE razor and slightly closer than the Weber ARC head with long lighter handle. I could have quit with the one pass and touchup, probably.

A BBS shave. At 12 hours later, only minor stubble viewable or felt by hand.

I really like these Webers. Both give terrific and close shaves with no irrititation. The special coatings on the head do make the razor glide on your skin.

A must try.

Thanks for letting us know how the maiden shave went. Most reviews I have read are similar, all saying what a great shave it gives.
Really looking forward to my one arriving.

Back
Top Bottom