What are you drinking tonight.

I like tea. It tends to be a coffee after dinner from the espresso machine, but it's tea through the day. Yorkshire Tea from Taylors, usually.

Just enjoying a lime and soda at the mo' ... very refreshing after fencing where we had the very rare occurrence of actual blood! Epee. Levelled for a mask hit (yes, in the face) while he lunged into it, caught him proper in the chin pushing his mask into skin. Bruise and some blood. Ouch! So, not quite the sweet nectar of victory so a lime and soda will have to do.

Tick Tock tonight and I'm rather enjoying it. Brewed from loose leaves in one of those sprung metal sieve-spoon thingies. Served in an over sized Cornishware mug with a good dose of milk. Tasty, with a natural sweetness and no caffeine to bother me nerves. Lurvely!

Cîroc red berry vodka

img-the-bar-collection_0120_ciroc-berry.png

drunk long with car

.. bonated water from the fridge. Not normally one for the upside-down bottles, but this makes a change, and the absense of a hangover is welcome come the morning. [Server error whatnot]

I supped a pot of fully caffeinated Yorkshire Gold and rather enjoyed it. The fact that a diet diversion in the form of a Twirl and several of Granny's treacle toffees accompanied said brew, made it all the more enjoyable. Afterwards, I had to go for a route March in the evening cold to try and reduce the palpitations somewhat....:rolleyes::oops:

Tonight's little treat was a pot of Taylor's of Harrogate Earl Grey loose leaf and rather nice it was. Made a lovely companion to a few pieces of Granny's iced fruit slice. Will probably need meds to counter the caffeine but hey, a fella's gotta live a little....:rolleyes:

Continuing my exploration of peaty whisky, I will this evening be having another sample of Laphroaig 10. I hated this stuff less than a year ago, but after developing a love affair with Talisker and then Ardbeg, Laphroaig demanded a revisit. I had a very small dram yesterday and at first acquaintance found it to be quite similar to Ardbeg, so it went down well.

Continuing my exploration of peaty whisky, I will this evening be having another sample of Laphroaig 10. I hated this stuff less than a year ago, but after developing a love affair with Talisker and then Ardbeg, Laphroaig demanded a revisit. I had a very small dram yesterday and at first acquaintance found it to be quite similar to Ardbeg, so it went down well.

I am mirroring you. Love peaty and smoky whiskies now. Have built up quite a shelf now of single malts now

Keep an eye out for old ballantruan, given what you have tasted so far, you will love this too.

Right now though, having driven over the M62 in the driving rain, back at home and about to enjoy a bottle of Titanic Plum Porter (bargain at £1.49 a bottle in your nearest Lidl)

I am mirroring you. Love peaty and smoky whiskies now. Have built up quite a shelf now of single malts now

Keep an eye out for old ballantruan, given what you have tasted so far, you will love this too.

Right now though, having driven over the M62 in the driving rain, back at home and about to enjoy a bottle of Titanic Plum Porter (bargain at £1.49 a bottle in your nearest Lidl)

Old Ballantruan looks interesting, might have to give that one a go. I'll have a look for the porter next time we go to Lidl too, I like porter but don't often see it.

Back
Top Bottom