What are you driving?

Difficult Audio...you like German, I have an old Audi but I find all Audi's rather benign in the looks department which is fine for a family car but even their high performance line is a little drab, TT, S4 etc. Porsche Boxter is the obvious choice but I think you might be tempted with something a bit silly like a Corvette C5 Targa?

Build quality won't be as good but it'll smoke most things in a straight line.

9113-2001-Chevrolet-Corvette.jpg

The pal who gave me his unopened 1960s Yardleys isn't a big spender on cars. He kept a 1952 Morris Minor from new and did 467,000 miles in it before selling it about 5 years ago. He then invested £750 in a Vauxhall and that's still going strong. He lives in a beautiful house near Bournemouth Golf Course packed with antiques. Each to his own.

RB73 said:
A Hyundai Elantra CDX Crtd 2.0 TDI, a lot of name for not a lot of car.

5 years old, 176.348 miles from new (2005) still going strong for work and pleasure (well not really pleasure, just A to B).

Much respect for averaging 35k per annum in an Elantra :shock:

alfa 159 for the daily drive and a 1986 porsche 944 for weekend/track fun

Here's a crap pic of both....kinda :D

[attachment=0]

Attachments

• IMG_3910.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 48
Some nice cars here. Let me tell you about mine.
A mark 1 Nissan Almera (N reg in red). Not a head turner, nothing special.
Engine 1.4 petrol. woooo scary.
Bought it as a right off for £1100 with 15k mileage.
It has towed various sailing dinghies, heavy trailers full of landfill. Being quite square at the back I've managed to put a terrific amount of stuff into it including a kitchen table.
I'ts now done nearly 114,000 miles, it starts first time, and the only two things to have gone wrong on it (since being repaired from right off) were a new fuse and also a new switch for the fan.
Due to a communication error it went about five years without being serviced, no plugs, filters, nothing, and still passed every MOT.
Its now about 15 years old and the body work has reached the point when the odd bit of welding (eg door sills) is necessary.
I really don't want to change it though as it does everything I want and is reliable. Being realistic though I'm keeping my eye out for a second hand Toyota Corolla (being the nearest vehicle to my trust Almera that I can think of that I can afford). New Almeras are out because Renault own them and my previous car was a Renault and I wouldn't buy one again.

Audi A2 1.4 tdi

After my mom's accident we had to get a car that was 'higher up' so that she could get 'onto' it rather than 'into it'.

Love the high sitting position. The alcantara (not sure if that's spelt right) seats and the 55-60mpg. It looks ugly from the front but lovely from the back. - which is what most people see when i fly past them :lol:
Coming to 100k miles with no problems. A dashed-lined round circle is appearing every now and again and beeping (disc brakes sensor gone possibly?) on thw display which we have ignored for the last 6 months - no probs. The solid aluminium - body (I think), door handles, gear knob etc are a nice touch.
A Solid car. Audis can be soul-less but not this baby.

Back
Top Bottom