Daft cow
Clunge
Cack
Chav
Back Scuttle
Airy- Fairy
Air Biscuit

Only about 25% of the way through the book so far

If any of these are inappropriate to post, I apologize. But I’ve never heard these and not sure if they are all okay to post or not? But they are in the book.
Ha! There's a few there that I'd never heard of!

Crusty dragon
Daft cow
Clunge
Cack
Chav
Back Scuttle
Airy- Fairy
Air Biscuit

Only about 25% of the way through the book so far

If any of these are inappropriate to post, I apologize. But I’ve never heard these and not sure if they are all okay to post or not? But they are in the book.
There is a wonderful book, according to me, called The Etymologicon. by Mark Forsyth. £6 on Amazon. It's one of three books he's written.
I am reading it for the second time. It's informative and entertaining. "Before you could say Jack Robinson" - You find out who he was. You'll learn what Halcyon Days are. It's a joy to read several times.

I Let Him Go by Denise Fergus

This book is by the mother of James Bulger, though it isn't really a true crime book. It is mainly about her life, with and without James, so it is more of a biography. I still found it a thoroughly riveting read and I really enjoyed the book. I give it a solid 10/10.

Reactions: PHR
Just finished Umberto Eco’s The Name of the Rose. More semiotics, syllogisms and medieval shenanigans than you can shake an incense smoking handbag thingy at.
Excellent - One of my favourites - unfortunately my edition has all the plot reveals - at the start of each chapter - in Latin. That's massively helpful. :) - did improve my Latin though. - I.

Back
Top Bottom