What are you reading at the moment?

undertherazor said:
Fido said:
Now on book 13 of the Jack Reacher series. 5 more after that. In stock.

Hi Fido having read these would you suggest i start reading them in publication date order or chronological date order?

Saw the movie and liked if a lot, so reading the books should be fun.

Thanks

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

I have followed the order shown inside the cover of the latest books. So I began with Killing Floor.

I keep telling myself I'm not superstitious.

So why do I feel more comfortable having completed the 13th Jack Reacher and am now on the 14th?

I'd read the Reacher books in order. While, so far, one does not depend on the other for a story line, they do refer back to characters from previous books.

Griffo said:
finished the whole Songs of Ice and Fire.

Now back to Rebus and reading Saints of The Shadow Bible.

I've just started the second part of the last book, it's good but a bit too drawn out, just seen on wikipedia that it might go to eight books. Also of reading Rites of Passage by William Golding, which is really well written.

Fido said:
So should Rankin's Rebus series be my next sequence after five more Jack Reacher's?

It's one of the most enjoyable series I've read. I enjoy Lee Child but I prefer the old detective novels a bit more than the more action based ones.

I like the way he actually uses Edinburgh (properly) and also ages the detective too so each book he gets a year older.

I've thoroughly enjoyed them.

The other detective series I've really enjoyed is the Harry Bosch books by Michael Connolly, very readable.

The Mackem Shaver said:
Griffo said:
finished the whole Songs of Ice and Fire.

Now back to Rebus and reading Saints of The Shadow Bible.

I've just started the second part of the last book, it's good but a bit too drawn out, just seen on wikipedia that it might go to eight books. Also of reading Rites of Passage by William Golding, which is really well written.

I only struggled with the first half of the 4th book - A feast For Crows - which I found a bit hard work and even put it aside and read a couple of other books. I thoroughly enjoyed the A Dance With Dragons and read it in a couple of weeks, by far the quickest I've read any volume of the series (I read the full single volume on my KOBO). Couldn't put the thing down.

Im currently revisiting this one....

51YCv0OharL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Am reading the James Herriot books again.

I must have read them well into double figures since I was a young teenager (am 41 now) but they still make me laugh out loud and I still thoroughly enjoy reading them.

Juat read, The Day is Dark, By Yrsa Sigurdardottir, in about 3 days. quite enjoyed it and it was onlt £1.99 on Kobo.

About to start Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian, never really read any historical type novels so it'll be a first for me but comes highly recommended.

Decided not to go for Master and Commander so decided to hit the Jack Reacher series of books, so started the first book Killing floor. enjoying it a lot at the moment.

Just finished Richard P Feynman The meaning of it all.
Transcript of 3 lectures he gave in 1963.
I have read a bit about him recently and was intrigued to hear from him directly, but to be honest i was rather disapointed with this book. Several pages really stand out and show his humour, but most of it is, unfortunatly, completetly forgettable and boring.
But I will percevere and try some of his other work.

Back
Top Bottom