What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually never tried a 'powered' cartridge razor...sooooo....when this vendor was selling the Olympic/Gold edition (2012 London Olympics) of the Gillette Power Fusion razor NOS/NIB for $10 w/ free shipping well, I thought why not educate myself :)

The razors came in the manual model (cheapest I fond NIB/NOS) was about $6-7 :
k2-_7e4ff4eb-8eaa-4620-8e32-b7b48938bdb3.v3.jpg

..so I splurged another 3-4 dollars and got this powered version:

img_3800.jpg

The 2012 gold Olympics LE had quite a few commercials touting it;

Last edited:
After buying a battery powered cartridge razor...it was only naturally to fall just a little bit further.
I was finally able to get a Milward Courier shaver :)

Designed by a certain Kenneth Grange it won the Duke of Edinburgh's price for Elegant Design in 1963.
These don't come up too often for sale and when they do they are crazily priced.
Was thrilled to get this for a song - and a small dance.

Mine is supposedly in great condition - and working.
2mzfxwx.jpg

It was made in various colors and cases;
5806ed5bd1f64d52ce756eaccc7ac637_9_XL.jpg

I have been eyeing these TSN 2014 LE M6 manchurians for a while. One appeared BST this morning, and finally I took the plunge. A centimetre shorter than its bigger brother the M7, but at 52mm it should be comfy enough in the hand. Knot size is on the smaller side at 22mm.

Never tried a Simpson manchurian in fact, so I am looking forward to it arriving from Tokyo.

Photo from seller:

0Nby6c.jpg

I also have two budget fragrances underway, Yves Rocher Cuir Vetiver and Comme une Evidence.

I have been eyeing these TSN 2014 LE M6 manchurians for a while. One appeared BST this morning, and finally I took the plunge. A centimetre shorter than its bigger brother the M7, but at 52mm it should be comfy enough in the hand. Knot size is on the smaller side at 22mm.

Never tried a Simpson manchurian in fact, so I am looking forward to it arriving from Tokyo.

Photo from seller:

0Nby6c.jpg

I also have two budget fragrances underway, Yves Rocher Cuir Vetiver and Comme une Evidence.
Halvor it is one of my favourite brushes great performer

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I was able to pick one of these NOS/NIB Wilkinson Shavettes up for 99p thanks to @Uncle Bertie who let me know about it :)
Comes with 10 unused blades, paperwork, box, etc.

The razor is relatively rare and was made in the 70's-80's.
It's branded as a hair styling tool but according to some online forums it does a good job on facial hair as well.
One member remembering his father using it exclusively for shaving in his salon.

The blades are as close as you can come to 'cartridge blades' as the single blade is encased in a plastic holder for fast and safe replacement.

Being designed for working professionals it comes with a clip that you can attach to your shirt pocket and it also prevents the razor from accidentally open up. The blades were made by Tondeo and you can still find some that will fit the razor.

2vxrcav.jpg

64i4xg.jpg

With all the fountain pen collecting going on in here, I figured why not and ordered a Hero 359 in a set with three nibs and eight carts. No idea whether this is a good starter pen, but at least it didn't set me back by much and should give me a glimpse into the fountain pen universe, and the different nibs should give me an indication where my preference lies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Halvor it is one of my favourite brushes great performer

Glad to hear :) Seems some found it to be too stiff/lacking in tip softness, but it's a keeper for most. This one has been used four times, reportedly, so not broken in.

With all the fountain pen collecting going on in here, I figured why not and ordered a Hero 359 in a set with three nibs and eight carts. No idea whether this is a good starter pen, but at least it didn't set me back by much and should give me a glimpse into the fountain pen universe, and the different nibs should give me an indication where my preference lies.

Join us in the pen-rabbit-hole. It's the second one on the left.

Glad to hear :) Seems some found it to be too stiff/lacking in tip softness, but it's a keeper for most. This one has been used four times, reportedly, so not broken in.

I think the glue bump had/has contributed a lot to the stiffness/backbone. The tips on mine feel exceptionally soft, although I can't say this gas been the case with other simpson manchurian knots I've tried.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom