What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some Pecksniff shaving "creams" (said to be more like soaps) coming, which the seller, who only charged me the shipping cost, describes as "wretched." I'm looking forward to playing around with them.
SQ48IBy.jpg

As i've only been DE shaving since April 2016 , my shaving den is pretty sparse, meaning i've only got essentially what i require...but on thurday evening i purchased Three Vintage Gillette Tech 2 DE razors from Ebay uk for the grand total price of £21.30p. which works out at £7.10p for each razor,The razors are unused stock from 1972, made in three parts the aluminium handles have machined a finish. Marked Gillette S 4 Made in England.Lenghts Approx: 3'',each razor weighs 30g. ..as i've only been DE shaving since April 2016..i was only going to buy 1 vintage razor,of which i had a few in mind, but when i stumbled across these beauties and for the price.i had to treat myself.i'm really looking forward to trying them out. here's a photo of the same razors.9083835993_2437d99161.jpg
Adding to this yesterday i was given a Gillette Slim twist from a friend of my father, which has been Cleaned & sterilized in baby milton fluid for one hour dried and polished up...going to give them a try out next week.
il_570xN.464401321_p0jb.jpg

Pity, really. I got really excited when I found out about Miltons. Cheap. Easy. Widely available. Can harm your razor. Three out of four is not good enough here. Use ↪Barbicide instead.
I've just been reading the link on Barbicide.wonderful peace of mind cleaning agent..I've ordered a bottle from Ebay this afternoon..it's a long term purchase which will last for ages, and clean my razors when needed, thanks again for the tip mate, i could /would have ruined my newly aquired Gilette Slim twist if i used milton fluid on a regular basis to clean it.Regards.Barry.;)

As i've only been DE shaving since April 2016 , my shaving den is pretty sparse, meaning i've only got essentially what i require...but on thurday evening i purchased Three Vintage Gillette Tech 2 DE razors from Ebay uk for the grand total price of £21.30p. which works out at £7.10p for each razor,The razors are unused stock from 1972, made in three parts the aluminium handles have machined a finish. Marked Gillette S 4 Made in England.Lenghts Approx: 3'',each razor weighs 30g. ..as i've only been DE shaving since April 2016..i was only going to buy 1 vintage razor,of which i had a few in mind, but when i stumbled across these beauties and for the price.i had to treat myself.i'm really looking forward to trying them out. here's a photo of the same razors.View attachment 19348
Adding to this yesterday i was given a Gillette Slim twist from a friend of my father, which has been Cleaned & sterilized in baby milton fluid for one hour dried and polished up...going to give them a try out next week.
View attachment 19352
The Techs will give you a very mild shave, ideal for learning with, and for days when your skin isn't feeling up to a super close shave :) I have a '72 also, it's a mighty fine LITTLE razor, they are small.

The Techs will give you a very mild shave, ideal for learning with, and for days when your skin isn't feeling up to a super close shave :) I have a '72 also, it's a mighty fine LITTLE razor, they are small.
they sound ideal for my purposes, i will experiment with different blades, for example try using a more aggressive blade in them..what caught my eye was the classic design, things, as they say built to last then, not like the chuck away shite you get these's days..thanks for insight into the world of Gillette Techs.Regards.Barry:)

Picked up a Wilkinson T70 in case for $8
14mfmvc.jpg

2092jqx.jpg
Congrays! The T70 is a remarkable looking razor. I started cartridge shaving with the Bonded System when it first came out, then switched to the Trac II a few years later. But I don't remember the T70. Do you know when it was it released?

@Palmolive fox , as those razors are so mild really you need to be using blades of the sharper type like Gillette Silver Blues. Feather blades in a Tech give one of the best DE shaves you can get. They really don't suit blades such as Derby. You'll need to experiment with a few blades otherwise you'll put the results down to a bad razor, bad technique or whatever. I'm assuming since you are not long started, you have a good sample pack of blades?

Congrays! The T70 is a remarkable looking razor. I started cartridge shaving with the Bonded System when it first came out, then switched to the Trac II a few years later. But I don't remember the T70. Do you know when it was it released?
I must apologise for sending you the message, i'm new to the shaving room i thought i was replying to you to say thanks for welcoming me to The Shaving Room..got my wires crossed there:confused:..it does look a fantastic razor though.very unique..Regards.Barry.:)

@Palmolive fox , as those razors are so mild really you need to be using blades of the sharper type like Gillette Silver Blues. Feather blades in a Tech give one of the best DE shaves you can get. They really don't suit blades such as Derby. You'll need to experiment with a few blades otherwise you'll put the results down to a bad razor, bad technique or whatever. I'm assuming since you are not long started, you have a good sample pack of blades?
Yes Ive got a sample pack from Amazon, my favourites that suit me anyway are Shark Super stainless, Astra SP, Gillette 7o'clock sharpEdge (yellow) and yes Derby extras..out of them i like the Gillette 7'oclock ,&the Shark SS...i've few more to try but these are giving me good shaves.Regards.Barry.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom