What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's lovely. The self balancing design makes it even more cool. Please show us pictures of the stand when finished and filled with brushes.

What do you mean with "Danish Oil"?
As I am living in Denmark and own an old house I am doing woodworking on a regular base. For finishing I often use linseed oil in different qualities. Is this the stuff you call "Danish Oil"?

Best Regards
Marco
No Marco, they're different oils but basically do the same thing. Boiled linseed oil is usually better/easier to use than the raw linseed oil. Danish oil could be grouped in with stuff like Tung oil & Teak oil.

No Marco, they're different oils but basically do the same thing. Boiled linseed oil is usually better/easier to use than the raw linseed oil. Danish oil could be grouped in with stuff like Tung oil & Teak oil.

Thank you for answering.
I do have some experience with raw linseed oil but I have never used Danish Oil. That is something I have to investigate a bit ....

Marco

Thank you for answering.
I do have some experience with raw linseed oil but I have never used Danish Oil. That is something I have to investigate a bit ....

Marco
Just a quick tip Marco, when using linseed oil, especially raw linseed oil, it's a good idea to mix maybe 46/60 or even 50/50 with mineral spirits. This helps the oil to penetrate the timber. Danish oil is used mainly internally for furniture.

An LA Shaving Co. BBS-1 (Wolfman) razor handle is on the way.
Rkh3bTw.jpg

A Semogue 2015 silvertip with their trademark wood handle.
I ordered this brush from Shaving.ie in Dublin, Ireland, on Monday, 22 August. Would you believe it arrived in this morning's mail, 25 August? That is from Ireland to my doorstep in Canada in 4 days and I paid only €4 in postage. Obviously it flew through Canada Customs, but still this is truly amazing. I ordered an item from Vancouver last Friday, 19 August, and although it was mailed that day I still haven't received it in Toronto. I buy a lot of stuff in the USA and the norm for first class airmail is 2 weeks. Why does stuff get from the UK/Ireland/ the Continent to Canada so much faster? I suspect USPS is the culprit. Back to the brush: this is my first Semogue badger, but I do own an SOC boar, which I really enjoy. I palm lathered it three times with Leonhardy brush soap in preparation for its first drive tomorrow morning; I'm really looking forward to tomorrow morning's shave when I get home from the gym.

As Nanny's Silly Soap is back on stock on Connaught, and they even got an improved package (my only concern about the soap)...

NSS SIGNATURE - Old Grey Bristle
NSS SIGNATURE - Citrus Zinger
NSS Traditional - Lemon Basil & Mandarin
Wickham 1912 - Club Cola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom