What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my new Mergress is there...well, not quite, I'll be allowed to collect it from the post office, but only after paying the customs duty.
Talking about custom duty: €25.97! Plus the cost of the Mergress plus shipping, total cost = €161.40!!!.. cough, cough, if my wife finds out what it costed in the end, then I'm toast :eek:
Those thieving barstewards at the german customs, after taking only nine days to clear it through customs, they then rob me blind! My love affair (not), with der Deutsche Zoll continues unabated..:mad:

I feel your pain @GuitarTech ! UK customs (Royal Mail) is no cheaper I just paid £30 customs and handling for a razor from the U.S and I have another on the way!:rolleyes: Mind you shipping from New York was very fast for Royal Mail..only 7 days!!!

I hope you enjoy your Megress:cool:

Four auctions all lost to sniper bids within the last 2 seconds. I refuse to use sniper sites as they often require you to let them know your eBay password and, quite rightly, eBay take no responsibility for any fraudulent transactions.

I will look elsewhere.
Why don't you just offer the highest amount you are willing to pay & it automatically bids on your behalf.Never heard of sniper sites?

Why don't you just offer the highest amount you are willing to pay & it automatically bids on your behalf.Never heard of sniper sites?

Sniper sites bid your max amount for you at a time you tell it to, usually in the very last second of an auction before it expires, giving you no time to respond with a higher bid.

They are extremely helpful if you have no time to sit by the computer.

Sniper sites bid your max amount for you at a time you tell it to, usually in the very last second of an auction before it expires, giving you no time to respond with a higher bid.

Apologies for what may seem like a daft question, but how is this different to just placing a maximum bid and leaving it at that?

Apologies for what may seem like a daft question, but how is this different to just placing a maximum bid and leaving it at that?

I guess that is sort of true, but sniper sites really give no opportunity to respond if you decide you want to chase after something towards the end.

If your max is really your max, it doesn't matter much, but personally I hate bidding things up early. Maybe I am imagining things, but sale prices always seem higher when the bidding starts with six days left.

I guess that is sort of true, but sniper sites really give no opportunity to respond if you decide you want to chase after something towards the end.

If your max is really your max, it doesn't matter much, but personally I hate bidding things up early. Maybe I am imagining things, but sale prices always seem higher when the bidding starts with six days left.
Gotcha. Just never heard of them. Thanks

I see.If you do your maximum amount it automatically bids on your behalf.No need for the sniper site.

I see.If you do your maximum amount it automatically bids on your behalf.No need for the sniper site.
Hypothetical situation - I really want this whimsical, marvellous item, and am willing to pay up to £13.20 for it, if someone bids before that at a higher price (a whopping £14 for example) then I'd have an opportunity to decide whether I want it more than the £13.20 I initially set aside for it. If a sniper site does this, I have no opportunity whatsoever to make this decision as it's within the last second. I know this has been covered in the above comments but examples are great for explaining! :D If your highest bid is above the sniper site's maximum, it's yours regardless. It only applies to the former situation.

Hypothetical situation - I really want this whimsical, marvellous item, and am willing to pay up to £13.20 for it, if someone bids before that at a higher price (a whopping £14 for example) then I'd have an opportunity to decide whether I want it more than the £13.20 I initially set aside for it. If a sniper site does this, I have no opportunity whatsoever to make this decision as it's within the last second. I know this has been covered in the above comments but examples are great for explaining! :D If your highest bid is above the sniper site's maximum, it's yours regardless. It only applies to the former situation.

Thank you for articulating that better than I was. :)

I have some Martin de Candre shaving soap coming. I used it briefly in the past, then sold it (for reasons I don't remember). I've decided to re-introduce it into my rotation in place of D.R. Harris Almond, with which I've gotten a little bored.
wNk2bEM.jpg

You win some you lose some.I lost out on a Wade & Butcher 8/8 at the last minute for 50p.Was really pi..ed off as I had been watching it for days.My maximum bid was £99.it went in the very last second for £99:50p.

Made enquiries into getting the Artemis Devin in the BST thread! Thereafter I'll have all I need (want) except an aftershave, though I have an old bottle of nivea post shave balm which has bizarrely made its way into my shave bag...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom