What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What website were they on Tony? Is that Katana SE razor an AC or DE version?
@Boycie83 I got an email from Yaqi as I'd asked about the SE version a while back, it's a Half blade razor. I was also tagged on the adjustable and got the last one @ about 5am this morning.
Apparently the White adjustable will not be made again.
£55 delivered for both.
@TobyC - space chrome is more like a machined finish, I dont really like high polished razors, makes them look cheap even if they're not. (unless they are a vintage razor of course, nothing cheap about vintage apart from the price!)
To me anyway, YMMV of course.

Pre ordered. Due August.

View attachment 57227

Both sold out now I think.
And the Razor drawer get more full!

Oh, that single edge might be fun ...

Ah, get out! It's an R89 clone head ground in half!

Still, might be fun! (y)

@Boycie83 I got an email from Yaqi as I'd asked about the SE version a while back, it's a Half blade razor. I was also tagged on the adjustable and got the last one @ about 5am this morning.
Apparently the White adjustable will not be made again.
£55 delivered for both.
@TobyC - space chrome is more like a machined finish, I dont really like high polished razors, makes them look cheap even if they're not. (unless they are a vintage razor of course, nothing cheap about vintage apart from the price!)
To me anyway, YMMV of course.
Thanks Tony (y)

Still, might be fun! (y)
It saves me getting my grinder out on one of the razors I still like.
At the end of the day - it gets dark.
I love experimenting and trying new/old things.
It's all a bit fun, dont cost as much as Guitars, motorbikes, jet skis, camper vans, archery bows, canoes, kayaks or boats, plus I dont have to go far.

It's all a bit fun, dont cost as much as Guitars, motorbikes, jet skis, camper vans, archery bows, canoes, kayaks or boats, plus I dont have to go far.

Yep! I hear you.

I have actually seen such a head ground in half but I'm damned if I can find the thread now. It was on B&B I think ...

Still, might be fun! (y)

I remember reading a review of the prototype by Brad of Maggards who was less than impressed with it, but I hope they have addressed the issues with it.

Have you used the Yaqi Cobbed head? I find it quite aggressive at the best of times, it seems to be the head which they have based their SE and Adjustable for, I'd be intrigued whether they both go in the same direction.

Agree about shaving being fun and not costing as much as some other hobbies. I've fallen back into the rabbit hole for guitars, and just trying a few different types of strings seems to outcast my shaving hobby for a few years!

I know Jayaruh did one across on TOST3 well actually TOST2, however, we have just moved to the new site. Get yourselves across and check out the single edge safety razor only site. We class a DE or Str8 as an "unmentionable"
A very friendly and knowledgeable bunch.
T

Last edited:
I remember reading a review of the prototype by Brad of Maggards who was less than impressed with it, but I hope they have addressed the issues with it.

Have you used the Yaqi Cobbed head? I find it quite aggressive at the best of times, it seems to be the head which they have based their SE and Adjustable for, I'd be intrigued whether they both go in the same direction.

Agree about shaving being fun and not costing as much as some other hobbies. I've fallen back into the rabbit hole for guitars, and just trying a few different types of strings seems to outcast my shaving hobby for a few years!
I hear you @donnie_arko them twangers dont half play the fiddle with your wallet.
Luckily enough I buy, try and sold on most i had, only have an acoustic now, basically the same money funds my next "thing".
After a massive selling session during the lockdown my hobbies pot is very healthy and Mrs Tc thinks I've had a tidy up.
Problem - after selling or trading my str8's I am looking again, what am I like. I blame @RussellR5555 and his SOTD's.
As for aggressive razors I found the only razor I could not get a comfy shave from was the Dart, I think the 1912 use early on in my shaving shenanigans help me out a lot with good advice from forum members.
Stick a Polsilver in a Dart and I am one unhappy bunny.

Last edited:
I know Jayaruh did one across on TOST3 well actually TOST2, however, we have just moved to the new site. Get yourselves across and check out the single edge safety razor only site. We class a DE or Str8 as an "unmentionable"
T

He did, yes. You'll see one of my replies about half way down that thread.

"That's a bingo!" ... I've got it: https://www.gut-rasiert.de/forum/index.php/topic,32306.msg598469.html
Check out Noodles part way down and then more (lots of pictures) on page 2.

T
And I gave 'em heck for killing a vintage razor!

Then I stepped on that jackass mod guy with the pig avatar and got kicked to the curb, I absolutely hate that SOB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom