What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mpf9ret said:
You beat me to it, as I went to bed before end of bidding.
Love reading about your finds.
Regards
Mike

Sorry :)
Were you going mostly for the Durham, the EverReady - or both?
I'm actually a bit surprised the lot went for as little as it did - $23 was not too bad really.

Darkbulb said:
mpf9ret said:
You beat me to it, as I went to bed before end of bidding.
Love reading about your finds.
Regards
Mike

Sorry :)
Were you going mostly for the Durham, the EverReady - or both?
I'm actually a bit surprised the lot went for as little as it did - $23 was not too bad really.
After the ER,the Durham was of passing interest. If it is a 1914, ask for around $22 & postage,will sell in UK without incurring Customs.
I am not desperate for the ER as I have 3, 2 in nice cases.
Mike

Darkbulb said:
Now to decided on going with NOS Durham blades, the medicinal blades or the dog grooming blades...

Depends how old the Durhams are ... much older ones are thicker and can be honed. They really are nice to use. Pathology are SHARP, but harsh on the first couple of goes but simmer down ... Dog Dressers are perfectly good (again, they'll be Personna in the pack now).

I think out of my collection of ALL razors, the Durham 201 (Dorset head on a black plastic handle) gives me the best shave - that's the shave itself, the post-shave feeling and how the regrowth comes through.

Have fun!

pjgh said:
Depends how old the Durhams are ... much older ones are thicker and can be honed. They really are nice to use. Pathology are SHARP, but harsh on the first couple of goes but simmer down ... Dog Dressers are perfectly good (again, they'll be Personna in the pack now).

I think out of my collection of ALL razors, the Durham 201 (Dorset head on a black plastic handle) gives me the best shave - that's the shave itself, the post-shave feeling and how the regrowth comes through.

Have fun!

Ah thanks, I'm happy to hear that the dog grooming ones is an ok option as I was a bit worried about trying them out.

According to Durham Duplex themselves, they're the same specification as the old shaving blades, just re-purposed. Look for either Durham Dog Dresser on the package or in brown boxes with the WAHL brand. If you can find any NOS Durham Hair Shapers, these will be the same specification. I also had some slitter blades which were okay for shaving. Couple of goes and they were done, but they were not face shredders - I think, although I may be wrong, that these are the present ArmorEdge that you'll find over your side of the pond. I may be wrong, so try that if all other avenues fail ...

pjgh said:
According to Durham Duplex themselves, they're the same specification as the old shaving blades, just re-purposed. Look for either Durham Dog Dresser on the package or in brown boxes with the WAHL brand. If you can find any NOS Durham Hair Shapers, these will be the same specification. I also had some slitter blades which were okay for shaving. Couple of goes and they were done, but they were not face shredders - I think, although I may be wrong, that these are the present ArmorEdge that you'll find over your side of the pond. I may be wrong, so try that if all other avenues fail ...

Thanks, looks like I'll be looking for some canine beauty products next...the things we do to just shave... :)

pjgh said:
Window scrapers in 1912s and carpet cutters in Durham's ... all good fun.

It makes it hard to 'sell' the wetshaving concept when one mentions tidbits like that. Some things are best not to speak of ;)

hrkosz.jpg

£3.97 ... I kid you not :D

Yeah, it's missing a handle but I'm sure I can figure something out ...

Re: RE: What are you waiting on to arrive?

Sezer74 said:
I'm waiting for, American Brylcreem, Barbon shave cream and aftershave. I hope it worths the wait
I have the Barbon cream, proper old skool Cem, i am certain you will like it, lather is on par with Ingram but easier to work up, didn't get to try the ASL yet.

pjgh said:
Hurry! Hurry!

1411swk.jpg

2vbudkm.jpg

That's a corker Paul.......That one didn't sit long before you snagged it.....That guy sells some lovely stuff

pjgh said:
When it arrives, check the date on the bottom of the head where the handle screws in ... some of those "Corp" Damaskeenes were mis-stamped with "1902" instead of "1912". It looks a good 'un. Good catch!

I checked........Its stamped 1912......Its a good one ! Feels totally different to a modern 1912 in the hand.......Seems to have a different build quality ? :angel:

Billy

Waiting on my Clog Proof !
mmmm_zpsffob9d8o.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Billy :icon_rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom