What are your most prized razors ?

I only have one prized razor, and it's my Milord, and thanks to Steve (Sbb93), it's now also got the blade dispenser that's meant to be with it..

SHjic.jpg

P1VkY.jpg

Not sure how much this would fetch, but not selling!

Max

Arrowhead said:
Buddel is the mark of Gàbor Gunkel in Dresden. I hate to do this to you Fozz, but check it out:
The Buddel Galleries

One can spend hours admiring the pieces of his gallery.

beejay said:
Mikael said:
N_Architect said:
Ivan, this is just a fabulous collection.

+ 1 for that satement. Very nice Ivan!!

Hi Ivan,
What a beautiful line up you have there.
Stunning, and I would imagine they are of a very high quality.
Almost got me wanting to try a straight,,,maybe not though :shock:
Thanks for showing.
regards, beejay

Thank you much gentlemen. The learning curve believe it or not was easier with the Japanese razors versus the western ( at least for me ). I love both for each is good in their own right.

You'll love it H/Blob, the one Steve let me have looks as if it had never been used and the range of adjustment on it should enable anyone to find a suitable setting for their beard & choice of blade. Enjoy !

JohnnyO. :D

I'm definitely looking forward to using it. Its just worrying how many prized beautiful pieces he is off loading at the moment.
Just came very close to instinctivley buying his fat boy.
I think i've got it bads lads. I find myself on here all the time looking for nice pieces to buy. That would have been ok if they had been drip fed. But there is a tide of them at the moment and i feel i don't wont to miss out on a peach.

You've already picked the peach M8 ! Could anyone seriously imagine an Ian Fleming creation being associated with a "Fat Boy" ? "Slim" is so much more us !

JohnnyO. :lol:

Arrowhead said:
N_Architect said:
Ivan, this is just a fabulous collection.
+ another one, with knobs on. I always enjoy seeing Brad's work, even when he does something unconventional it's invariably done with taste and restraint.
fozz77 said:
I imagine it is a full case of....if you have to ask ..how much? you can't afford it :lol:
Well... There's a story behind mine (here if you're interested), so I had my reasons for throwing financial caution to the wind, but I was surprised by the price. You'll forgive me I hope if I don't quote it exactly because I'm not sure that Gàbor would want me to, but if you think in terms of two Dovo "Best Class" razors, that'll be just about right for the pair. Or about two thirds of the price for one Mastro Livi snake :lol: You can add about 100 Euro for mammoth ivory or giraffe bone scales, or a full hollow grind.

That is a great story Andy.

Attero said:
My most prized.. Probably my Kirby and my Gold Shavex

kirby.jpg

[]

Hi Jon,

Well, seeing the Kirby was what finally pushed me to post something. Yeah, I guess I should maybe introduce myself somewhere later, since it looks to be a little while since I joined.

So Jon, yours is the first Kirby I've seen that looks like mine. The case is different, and I noticed your case has 'Chromium Plated written inside. Now that makes sense, but I think that only applies to the head. I'f I'm not mistaken, the handle is silver, since it tarnishes pretty easily. The head shines like crazy all the time and never needs any polishing.

That's one of my very favorite change of pace razors, and I was glad to see your pic. There's a bunch of other somewhat unusual razors I've run into over the years, but nothing like the Kirby. Great shaver, and a good looking looking piece of history. I'll include a few shots of mine just for the heck of it.

Thanks for pushing me off the non posting fence,

Martin

Attachments

• assorted favorites 003 (Small).jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 58
  • kirby in box.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 57
  • kirby close up.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 58
sunburyboy93 said:
I found two at car boots the rest were careful finds on eBay and swaps on another well known site , I have not paid over £30 For any razor The best one out of all I would say is the vintage 1930's aristocrat I paid £20 for a grooming kit and that was the razor in it. From a charity shop. On eBay. I have been offered over £200 for it buy a member on here ! :oops:

Steve

F**k it, 398 NOS Jewell super stainless aint gonna swing it then :roll:

Back
Top Bottom