What are your most prized razors ?

Mikael said:
Yes, I feel dirty :oops: :lol:

Why didn´t it work?

I tried various straights from Neil Miller, who went over and above to help me out by lending various types of straights with various grinds, etc.

With all of them, it felt like the blade was trying to pull the hairs out rather than cutting them, and I reached the conclusion that straights, even when stupidly sharp, are not sharp enough for me. Even with DE razors, nothing less sharp than a Swede will do.

Neil was a complete star, and tried every which way to help me.

Ian

My most prized.. Probably my Kirby and my Gold Shavex

kirby.jpg

shavex.jpg

Well, I most certainly can't compete with Mikael's level of filth! However...
My two Buddel customs:
buddel35_1.jpg

buddel34_1.jpg

Klauberg Damascene. In very nice condition for its advanced years, it has an austere beauty (and a snappish temperament) all its own:
KlaubergDamascenefront.jpg

And finally the Revitt, which is at least 150 years old. It rarely gets an outing because it's uncommonly awkward to shave with on account of those notches, but I adore it, and yes, I'm pleased with the job I did on those scales:
Revitt3.jpg

Now, if Hawkeye (the one from the States) is passing by, he might give Mikael a bit of competition.

Those Buddels ar da tits, I tell ya all :lol: Seriuosly, they´re extremly nice and had I knew what I know now, when I bought my gigant Friodur, I would have bought a Buddel instead. For sure!

This sticky still with the outer box,

BoxedStcky.jpg

This #58 (I have two) but this is a collector grade, note that there are zero black blotches on the Red covering, very rare, and I have all the tags and outer box,

58_02.jpg

58_01.jpg

And the Joris Horn Handled OC (very aggressive) with the matching Plisson size 14 HNW is very much a prized possession

03-1.jpg

I have a few others like a nice Toggle but I like these ones the most, there is a story behind each one and how I came by them so the mean something to me.

Some of those Straights are stunning razors, I have to say they are good looking enough to make you want to use them.

Thanks mate, yours collection ain't to shabby yourself.

I had never ever seen a #58 without blotching in the red covering, I keep in a zip lock back with a few silica gel packs so it doesn't get any either. I have often wondered what it would fetch if I threw it on eBay but I like owning it too much for that.

If I find another I will give you a shout.

N_Architect said:
Ivan, this is just a fabulous collection.
+ another one, with knobs on. I always enjoy seeing Brad's work, even when he does something unconventional it's invariably done with taste and restraint.
fozz77 said:
I imagine it is a full case of....if you have to ask ..how much? you can't afford it :lol:
Well... There's a story behind mine (here if you're interested), so I had my reasons for throwing financial caution to the wind, but I was surprised by the price. You'll forgive me I hope if I don't quote it exactly because I'm not sure that Gàbor would want me to, but if you think in terms of two Dovo "Best Class" razors, that'll be just about right for the pair. Or about two thirds of the price for one Mastro Livi snake :lol: You can add about 100 Euro for mammoth ivory or giraffe bone scales, or a full hollow grind.

Audiolab said:
Thanks mate, yours collection ain't to shabby yourself.

I had never ever seen a #58 without blotching in the red covering, I keep in a zip lock back with a few silica gel packs so it doesn't get any either. I have often wondered what it would fetch if I threw it on eBay but I like owning it too much for that.

If I find another I will give you a shout.

i dread to think what it would fetch on e-bay :eek: :shock: :? , it's the nicest example i have ever seen, as new as the day it was made, but like you, i couldnt sell my prized ones....

Mikael said:
N_Architect said:
Ivan, this is just a fabulous collection.

+ 1 for that satement. Very nice Ivan!!

Hi Ivan,
What a beautiful line up you have there.
Stunning, and I would imagine they are of a very high quality.
Almost got me wanting to try a straight,,,maybe not though :shock:
Thanks for showing.
regards, beejay

Back
Top Bottom