What Did We Learn From Our Shave Today Gents?

SO MUCH more so ;)
I am now done buying fancy arse soaps. None are as good as they get made out to be, and of all that I have tried only Stirling and NSS are as good as I'd hoped.
I'll maybe try the odd sample etc....
Thing is Stirling needs to have a little more cushion, I find P&B to have a good balance of both, so prefer it to Stirling. Out of interest which touted soaps did you find inadequate?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I know what you mean about the Stirling...
OSP, MdC, LPL, Faena, P&B, Seifenglatt and probably others...
Both OSP and P&B are good soaps, but for me not worth the extra £Â£, if the fragrance wasn't overpowered by "soap" smell I've have probably kept them...
Whickam's was good from memory - must try that again, what have I just said about buying fancy soaps :rolleyes:
MdC and LPL are both overpriced rubbish in my eyes...

Thing is Stirling needs to have a little more cushion, I find P&B to have a good balance of both, so prefer it to Stirling. Out of interest which touted soaps did you find inadequate?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Both OSP and P&B are good soaps, but for me not worth the extra £Â£, if the fragrance wasn't overpowered by "soap" smell I've have probably kept them...
Whickam's was good from memory - must try that again, what have I just said about buying fancy soaps :rolleyes:
Guys don't mean to jump this train but cushion, glide and pleasant scent can all be had for little coin. I suggest La Toja shave stick and or cream.
images

Exactly my point @Robyflexx - why pay top dollar when Arko/Derby/La Toja (not tried - yet!) does the job perfectly!
The shipping is what's gotten ridiculous. These artisan's are doing themselves a disfavor and cutting their own profit margins practically in half. You need La Toja yesterday, nobody should be deprived of the pleasure of using that soap. Even the after skin care is second to none, it's love in a shave stick and or tube! love smilie 2.gif love smilie.gif

+ 1..I have Tried a Number of Artisan so called Tallow Soaps & they were all Highly Scented & Very Poor Performers..A lot of these USA Made Tallow Soaps are Jumped Up Vegie Soaps with Added Tallow Oils..The Ones I have tried Thus Far Burned my Face All the Way to Hell & Back..:confused:

Nae Mare Fir Me..:eek:

Billy

Much along the lines of others in that performance doesn't have to come at great expense. Tried Bulgarian made SuperMax Classic cream on Friday for the first time and had a great shave. Whilst not outstanding on any front, more like very good, it doesn't have any obvious weaknesses either. All in all well worth for a Pound and would be happy to pay more than that for it.

That at £3.60 for two from Connaughts Vie Long sticks are right up there with LEA and La Toja in terms of bang for your buck. Complete with that clean, soapy fragrance I still assiciate with barbers ' shops of a bygone age.. Leave the face nice and soft as well.

JohnnyO. o/

The shipping is what's gotten ridiculous. These artisan's are doing themselves a disfavor and cutting their own profit margins practically in half. You need La Toja yesterday, nobody should be deprived of the pleasure of using that soap. Even the after skin care is second to none, it's love in a shave stick and or tube! View attachment 18251 View attachment 18252

What's worse is when they call it shipping and handling and then use the latter as justification for loading the cost. Handling, unless they employ someone on piece rates, is a fixed cost anyway and a basic function of any online retailer. It's like going into Tesco (or Walmart for those across the pond) and being charged for privilege of buying something.

Unless its unavoidable, I take my business elsewhere in these scenarios

What's worse is when they call it shipping and handling and then use the latter as justification for loading the cost. Handling, unless they employ someone on piece rates, is a fixed cost anyway and a basic function of any online retailer. It's like going into Tesco (or Walmart for those across the pond) and being charged for privilege of buying something.

Unless its unavoidable, I take my business elsewhere in these scenarios
I agree and I've done the very same thing. Even here in the states there are retailers who's shipping costs I've found so offensive they negate any possible item they may even have on sale. Shame on these greedy bastards...in the end they hurt only themselves. We take our business elsewhere...happily may I add. :)

Back
Top Bottom