What have you had nice off Santa?

Well, I had been an extremely good boy, and still I didn't get Gillian Anderson under the tree!

Ah well :p

I did however get some nice beer, a selection of hot sauces, every possible DVD of Blackadder, some limited edition plectrums, plenty of socks and pants, some chocolates and a few other bits and pieces that due to the overtime the Elves have had to put in, haven't yet arrived. I have a feeling they are colognes, given conversations that have been had :) Will report back once the second wave of Elven deliveries have been made!

I'd say pretty good I think :). I got some GFT Violet shave cream, GFT San Remo beard oil, a Musgo classic scent bath soap and a bottle of Acqua Di Parma - Arancia Di Capri EDT ready for the summer.

I really love the GFT beard oil. It seems to absorb nicely and leaves a dry silky feeling on the hands rather than pure oil. Admittedly it smells a lot like baby wipes but (hear me out) that's quite appealing in a beard oil. Very fresh and it's nice to have an oil you can catch a whiff of now and then without having to look like a wally lifting your top lip to your nose :D.

SWMBO seems to have got on board with this whole shaving thing, although she still moans about me hogging the bathroom in the morning, and got me a selection of Edwin Jagger kit. Particularly happy with the badger brush as I have been eyeing them up for a while. Should be better than the Wilkinson Sword brush I have been using since I started proper shaving [emoji846]
Oh, and impressed with the feather blades I got with the DE86. I think these are the best blades I have tried so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just back from a lovely family Christmas in the Cotswolds with literally a sackful of presents.
Grooming-wise, an AdP gift set of my new favourite Colonia Pura. Other honourable mentions include a couple of Paul Smith's lovely scarves and a box of his socks.
A pair of Redwing Moc Toes, Gawd only knows how 'Er Indoors knew I wanted those!....an exquisite pair of antique gold cuff-links and a lovely Loake valet box full of shoe care goodies,..wish I hadn't got rid of the valet now,...
A Fred Perry polo in Chelsea blue with a blue and white Twin Tip that I had no idea that they did,..nice spot, treacle:)
Henry Blofeld's book, which I'm dying to read, and Brian Lavery's, "The Last Big Gun", which is the story of HMS Belfast, which my old Dad proudly served on from 1939-45.
Thank you Santa.

Last edited:
I got the complete Breaking Bad box set too!! Not a series I ever watched but heard great reports about it and looking forward to watching it. Also got a nice shirt and new shoes which will get their first outing tomorrow at a family wedding. Thought I might have got some new aftershave to wear as well but no such luck, maybe I'll dig out the Old Spice and give it a run.

I got the complete Breaking Bad box set too!! Not a series I ever watched but heard great reports about it and looking forward to watching it. Also got a nice shirt and new shoes which will get their first outing tomorrow at a family wedding. Thought I might have got some new aftershave to wear as well but no such luck, maybe I'll dig out the Old Spice and give it a run.

Great! Likewise, not one I watched until very recently. Absolutely superb! Enjoy :D

When you've finished and want more, check out the prequel/flanker 'Better Call Saul'.

Back
Top Bottom