What was your first after shave?

Re: RE: What was your first after shave?

IanM said:
Noir by Robberre.

Bought for me by my girlfriend's parents back in 1987!

Ian
Same but my dad's when I was 6/7 years old copying dad as you do mind you it wasn't after a shave

Mine was

images

I still use it today....

First I was given was Blue Stratos. Dad's unwanted Christmas present.
First I bought was Lynx Systeme. Loved the smell which was a sort of fresh smell with a hint of pine and something else. Probably still in my mum's loft somewhere as I used to use it sparingly and never finished it. Haven't seen any bottles for years (mid nineties I bought it) and would love to get hold of some at a sensible price. Anyone remember it? Very different to other lynx products as it was in a green glass jar if I remember rightly

blue stratos was the first i bought for myself. my dad never really had much of a collection of smellys so i bought this as the advert on tv was awesome!
still love the smell today =)

My first what I would class as a adult more sophisticated scent would be Aramis from very early 1970s then all the other usual suspects from that period such as Paco rabanne, Quorum, Givennchy Eau sauvage.

Jules - Christian Dior.

It was stopped in the UK many years ago and I missed it very much, then 6 or 7 years ago I found some in France. So I bought some. And had a reaction with it, started getting all itchy, not nice.. Great pity that.

isaiah53 said:
The Wasp said:
I loved the Macassar, sadly missed.

i remember getting a box set of macassar smellies for christmas when i was about 17 or 18 and i loved it. does anyone know of anything similar thats available at the moment?

Macassar EDT was fantastic stuff. A NOS bottle occasionally comes up on ebay and goes for silly money. I haven't found anything close to the original, but Caractere by Daniel Hechter has that same patchouli base but has more woody notes. It's available in every Supermarket in France and I always bring some back when I visit. The EDT is much better than the apres rasage. It's also available on ebay.

If you pm me your address I will send you some in a sample vial

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom