What was your first after shave?

i didn't use aftershave until i got into DE shaving so it's Boot's freshwood for me.

My 1st edt was Drakkar Noir. Classic! :)

cruciate said:
Was it Guy Larouche (sp?) who did drakar noir?
If it was they also did a great aftershave called Horizon. It was my first, and will remain, my favourite.
Horizon has been discontinued but you can still get hold of it for a reasonable price on the bay. I paid a tenner for a bottle

The first aftershave I splashed on was Old Spice, some of my Dad's, I would have been about 9, after I got over the stinging sensation I stayed clear of after shave for years.

On my 18th birthday my younger brother and sister gave me a bottle of Brut, I didn't really like the stuff, but it was the first aftershave that was 'mine'.

A couple of years later I got some Givenchy Gentleman and stuck with that for 10 to 15 years, on the rare occasions I actually used after shave that is.

I now use Old Spice as my daily driver, it helps lift me out the doldrums in a morning and get me going, then lingers through the day, as I type this I still have a faint whiff of it in my nostrils :D

Remember as a teenager getting old spice and brut gift sets for birthdays and Christmases and not being that fussed on them.
In hindsight both classic, decent smells for little money. I have loads of retro smells now and treated myself today to some Hai Karate from savers.
Not too shabby.

One of my all time favourites as a youth was Jazz. Must rekindle my relationship with the Jazz me thinks

Bvlgari Blv was my first - aged 17. I can't say much about it. I don't think it lasted long - typical teenage overspraying - and I believe it was replaced by either cK be or Davidoff Cool Water.

Back
Top Bottom