whats the most you've paid for a razor? (all types included se/de/straight etc)

Cheapest and possible winner for best value for money (PIFs and loaners obviously not included) was my '63 ball end Tech which cost me the princely sum of £12.50 from the bay of e from a fellow enthusiast having a den declutter. Most expensive but still a fantastic deal was my Koraat which Blademonkey kindly let me have for £150 or thereabouts. Its a fine razor and a fair chunk more were you to get one made to order from Ulrik. More than I would typically want to blow on hobby stuff but I knew I'd kick myself forever if I passed it up. It's used regularly but always with reverence and only on lazy weekends so I can appreciate and enjoy it to the maximum. Plus you can't rush a shave with a large square point, unless you're an admirer of Van Gogh during his "shaving under the influence of absinthe period"!

Last edited:
Cheapest and possible winner for best value for money (PIFs and loaners obviously not included) was my '63 ball end Tech which cost me the princely sum of £12.50 from the bay of e from a fellow enthusiast having a den declutter. Most expensive but still a fantastic deal was my Koraat which Blademonkey kindly let me have for £150 or thereabouts. Its a fine razor and a fair chunk more were you to get one made to order from Ulrik. More than I would typically want to blow on hobby stuff but I knew I'd kick myself forever if I passed it up. It's used regularly but always with reverence and only on lazy weekends so I can appreciate and enjoy it to the maximum. Plus you can't rush a shave with a large square point, unless you're an admirer of Van Gogh during his "shaving under the influence of absinthe period"!
You're welcome. :)

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom