Which facial Cleanser?

Once maybe twice a week at most I will use Botanics face scrub, but any good quality soap can be used as a cleanser but I do mean quality, but after care of the skin is more important in my opinion, Alum, + maybe a splash of Witch hazel, then a aftershve balm, followed by a nice moisturiser with a good SPF.

Jamie

I like very much the Dermalogica range. Their cleansers are just perfect and on a daily use make a real difference.
Nevertheless, I use the cleanser and the moisturizer in the evening.

On the morning, I use a glycerin soap as pres-have before applying a wet towel. Post shave is cold water, a splash of Caribbean bay rum and half an hour later an aftershave balm.

I replace twice a week the glycerin soap with the Dermalogica daily clean scrub. It works perfectly and improves the shave.

Arrowhead said:
Pete said:
In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
Mr Bateman, I presume?

Don't forget the uzi and the odd severed head. Just re-read that book a couple of weeks ago - excellent (apart from the whole chapter on Huey Lewis, phill collins, etc).

Back on subject, I really like the Bulldog face wash, it has a nice lemony flavour and leaves my skin feeling nice and clean but not dried out. Its cheap, comes in a nice big tube and is available quite a few places. Boots and Sainsbury often have a 50% off on it.

I was looking for the "Brown Soap" is this the one?
"moisture-rich aloe & karité ultrabar
Price: $22.00
Aloe & karite shaving soap
This is a true multi-tasker. The bar to clean, refresh, hydrate and condition the face and body and give a rich, creamy foam for shaving.
Product code: MR010
Size: 8.8 oz
Quantity : "
Their web site is a bit cluttered !

Pete said:
joe mcclaine said:
I'm affraid I do not have big enough tits to contribute to this dicussion.

Please, feel free to carry on without me, I'll just sit and listen quietly . . . always wondered about such things.

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

;)

American psyco comes to mind.lol

I have tried the Bulldog facial cleaner and scrub. Both decent products and well worth it when tesco's have them half price.

However for me the king of facial scrubs is the clinque stuff. Really is top banana for me. However at 18 quid a pop it ain;t cheap but it lasts a very long time so worth it. I just got 2 off ebay for 11 quid each delivered, look out for deals like that because at that money it's well worth it.

I've got a lot of problems with spots and the best cleanser I've found so far which is effective but not too strong is the Body Shop Tea Tree Foaming Cleanser.

I use it just after a shave before the after shave balm and also at night.

Just before my shave I use their Maca Root Exfoliating Face Scrub and I find it really helps to soften up the hair, in fact that's it's entire purpose, and it smells pretty nice too which is a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom