Which is the best SE Injector shaver?

[QUOTE="Bechet, post: 459373, member: 1664.

It must take Schick injector blades - as I've already bought plenty in anticipation of the KickStarter job - and then -

Which injector razor gives the best shave, considering closeness and comfort, please? And availability. I expect I'll need to add a money no object answer and a reasonable budget answer. Happy to buy here!

Ok Carl, I can help you out,

First of all, there's a few members who gave wrong answers. They are trying to do good, but are like the tv show audiences who vote on something they know nothing about, which skews the results. Bless their well meaning little hearts, as Uncle Mikey would say.

Those Pal razors are nothing special. I have used the adjustable and non, both with the metal handle and have used others with plastic handles. None of em were worth keeping in the rotation.

The shave is just ok. The metal ones feel a little strange in my hand with poor sight lines and leaves my face less smooth than when using a Schick. There's a reason those things are plentiful and cheap. Kinda like a Rolls razor or (shudder) a 1912ish thing. It's because they are lousy to actually use, especially the window scraper types.

There now, that should straighten things out,

Martin[/QUOTE]

Well, Sir, I have to concur with those Auld Window Scraper 1912ish things as you call them...But the PAL takes one of those injector blade you know....:D:D

Billy

I shall immediately rush over and cancel my snipe! Martinus hath spoken! Done! It is an ugly son-bitch, anyway.

I'm listening to a Russian guy playing classical guitar - Andrei Krylov, Zen meditation - holy f*c* but he's good, as is the music. On another note, I was preparing to put the bins out when I realised it's been Friday all day and the bin men came this morning.

Don't listen to the yanker in a strange land; he wants to keep those PAL all to himself. I had to buy my last from Amurica and he was, I think, the other competing bidder. Subversion!
I shall immediately rush over and cancel my snipe! Martinus hath spoken! Done! It is an ugly son-bitch, anyway.

That was a pretty good answer there, cheesepiece......reminded me of something I would say.

Carl, you should at least try that Pal for the heck of it. Looks like there are two people who like em. That's more than I figured.

If you've taught me nothing else, Martini - and you have taught me many things, over a wide range of topics - it's how to recognise a rabbit hole when I see one. You have thrown me down so many, after all! I'll resist this one - I mean, just look at what has happened to Paul!

Gillette ... the Twinjector, which you can use with single injector blades. Schick failed, Gillette got it to work and took the concept on to its natural conclusion with a couple of blades encased in a plastic frame as the Trac II.

I'm yet to try the Chinese blades ....... But I have a bunch of the ones Connaught carry and they seem to mow through the whiskers no trouble.

I suppose now it's been mentioned, I could just wander over to Fleabay or Amazon and buy a few ......... :)

Mate I've got a load of Connaughts Personna blades and I like them. I haven't tried them in the Injectomatic yet though which is why I suggested the Chinese Schicks in it. I don't know why folks are finding Injectomatics mild or rough. Mine is a very smooth efficient shaver. It's a better shaver than my Schick G type, not that there's anything wrong with my G. I love it but we do like to split hairs here eh and the Pal wins by more than a hair. Using the Chinese Schick blades. I've try a Personna blade in it sometime soon.

A Schick Grip and a Schick Adjustable arrived in the mail this morning - shit! where did I put them? Not in the Barbasol as I intended, for sure. Excuse me a mo'.

OK - Barbicide.

Last edited:
Chinese Schick Injector Blades are excellent .....Over in the USA they are the favoured injector blade my many Injector users....I find them to be as sharp as the much hyped up Feather Pro Blade, but they hold their edge a lot longer in my experience anyway.....Personna blades can be very harsh in PAL Injectors in my humble opinion and some other more aggressive Schick Injectors.... :eek:

Most folks in the UK it would appear use Personna blades cause they as cheap as chip and that's great, but injectors are like any DE razors in terms of some blades fit some razors better than others....Chick blades as the Yanks call them offer more shaves per blade in my experience and they actually work out about the same price in the long run....I am on my 7th 3 pass shave with a Chick blade in a Schick Type F and its still sharp....I have never gotten any more than 4 shaves out a blade in my life including a Feather Pro....

Billy

Last edited:
Gillette ... the Twinjector, which you can use with single injector blades. Schick failed, Gillette got it to work and took the concept on to its natural conclusion with a couple of blades encased in a plastic frame as the Trac II.
Errr....Mr Schick Basher Sir....:D.
The reason I never press the button on a Gillette Injector is that there is a Guy on YouTube using one and he reckons that its way milder than a Schcik Adjustable on the very first setting....He reckoned it was that mild he thought that there wasn't a blade in it.....:p:p:

Billy

Back
Top Bottom