Which is the best SE Injector shaver?

Hiya,

Couple things to mention, with the first being how many positive posts about the various Pal types. Seriously, it's surprising to see because over the years I have seen a different pattern.

So, seeing as how I disagree with the members who like those things, I came up with the logical reason for their thoughts. They are just not very smart when it comes to what a good shave is. Nice guys and all, but a little slow. I know for a fact I don't think those razors are anything special.....sorry but it's the right answer. You don't like em but think you do.

Whew, that was a lot of typing. Well that was the most important part. I was also gonna mention not to ever ever go by any of Paul's reviews on anything! Not razors or frags.....nothing. That guy is a real lulu if ever there was one.

The Chinese Schick blades are good and would work fine for everyday use but there's others y'all need to try. Gotta do a quick little free fall down that hole for the best results long term.....or don't. Your call on that.

Carl, be careful not to use real old blades (pre 60s). Also you probably know to watch carefully when loading the blade. Very easy to dull it and not get the best shave. That Grip has one of the better handles as far as feel and should shave like DB's recent silver version.

That's plenty of typing,

Martin

Perfect example of YMMV :)
I did two passes last night and am still extremely closed shaved. I normally favour more aggressive razors but find this one to be both mild AND efficient :)

Yep, it's a forgiving head that works best with a sharp blade. There's a couple blades that are borderline too much for me in that razor and no problems getting a real close shave.

Hiya,

Couple things to mention, with the first being how many positive posts about the various Pal types. Seriously, it's surprising to see because over the years I have seen a different pattern.

So, seeing as how I disagree with the members who like those things, I came up with the logical reason for their thoughts. They are just not very smart when it comes to what a good shave is. Nice guys and all, but a little slow. I know for a fact I don't think those razors are anything special.....sorry but it's the right answer. You don't like em but think you do.

Whew, that was a lot of typing. Well that was the most important part. I was also gonna mention not to ever ever go by any of Paul's reviews on anything! Not razors or frags.....nothing. That guy is a real lulu if ever there was one.

The Chinese Schick blades are good and would work fine for everyday use but there's others y'all need to try. Gotta do a quick little free fall down that hole for the best results long term.....or don't. Your call on that.

Carl, be careful not to use real old blades (pre 60s). Also you probably know to watch carefully when loading the blade. Very easy to dull it and not get the best shave. That Grip has one of the better handles as far as feel and should shave like DB's recent silver version.

That's plenty of typing,

Martin
Yeah, "You don't like em but think you do"....Yeah that's me alright the Man Wae the Dodgy Hat ....That's what the missus said about me and Birds ....You know what your problem is Billy Boy....You Just don't like me but Ya think you Do....Took me few years to work that out cause I am Tad Slow Ye See....I am happy sitting on my lonesome now....She was Right....An, an, an, an I'm I'm I'm Sti Sti Still Slow.... :D:D

Errr....Mr Schick Basher Sir....:D.
The reason I never press the button on a Gillette Injector is that there is a Guy on YouTube using one and he reckons that its way milder than a Schcik Adjustable on the very first setting....He reckoned it was that mild he thought that there wasn't a blade in it.....:p:p:

"Schicks Suck!!!" ... I'm quoting, although it was on another forum ... and I concur* :D

I would dearly have loved to have got on with them. I spent a lot of money chasing down all manner of them back and had a good number of them at one point. I really tried ... with the Gillette, it "just worked". No fancy angle, no just the right amount of pressure, just pop a blade in and shave.

So, that leaves me with a grumpy face as those bakelite Gs and Es, the lovely Hydromagics, those sturdy Ls, the gorgeous scissor D, the goofy tennis racket and the stick, all no use ... which made me grumpy ... and so I have to exact my revenge by naysaying and sneering whenever the word "Schick" is mentioned.

Martin disparages 1912s and praises Schick, I jibe at Schicks and praise the mighty 1912. It's balance. It's yin yang.

*Yes, it was me ... but hey, if it's worth saying once it's worth saying twice. No?

"Schicks Suck!!!" ... I'm quoting, although it was on another forum ... and I concur* :D

I would dearly have loved to have got on with them. I spent a lot of money chasing down all manner of them back and had a good number of them at one point. I really tried ... with the Gillette, it "just worked". No fancy angle, no just the right amount of pressure, just pop a blade in and shave.

So, that leaves me with a grumpy face as those bakelite Gs and Es, the lovely Hydromagics, those sturdy Ls, the gorgeous scissor D, the goofy tennis racket and the stick, all no use ... which made me grumpy ... and so I have to exact my revenge by naysaying and sneering whenever the word "Schick" is mentioned.

Martin disparages 1912s and praises Schick, I jibe at Schicks and praise the mighty 1912. It's balance. It's yin yang.

*Yes, it was me ... but hey, if it's worth saying once it's worth saying twice. No?

Makes me think of the saying "Your shave is yours". :)

Hey I've got it Grand Master, Paul Sir,.....Me want to marry a "Schick that Sucks"......:D:D

I am on my 7th 3 pass shave with a Chick blade in a Schick Type F and its still sharp....I have never gotten any more than 4 shaves out a blade in my life including a Feather Pro....

Billy

I was thinking I'd done really well getting 8 out of mine with a Personna, but I now realise that it was a borrowed E & I've no idea what type of blade it was. I should probably find out.

I'd meant to check my E against the pictures of the different versions. I guess that thread was lost in the great roll back?

DSC_0120_zpsngcmvfkv.jpg

Spring shots...;)
DSC_0121_zpsmz1jk46p.jpg

The one on the Left is the early E Type 2 that opens....Its the most aggressive....The second one has an off centred spring the same as the first one, but it does not open as it has a Nub on the both sides of the spring....This one is slightly less aggressive than the first one because the head sits at a slightly different angle....The One on the Far Right Is a Type E 2, 1941 with Circles embossed into its top side and they are heavier gold plated and slightly heavier in the hand...This was the first Type E with a centred spring....o_O

Billy

Perfect example of YMMV :)
I did two passes last night and am still extremely closed shaved. I normally favour more aggressive razors but find this one to be both mild AND efficient :)
Yeah, I hear what you are saying Sir....I have the same sentiments regarding my Ladies Eversharp Injector with the Hydro magic head...I am reluctant to admit this but its fast becoming one of my favoured injectors coupled with those Crazy Sharp NOS Schick Platinum Blades....Mild or not they sure are super efficient 3 pass shavers ....:eek:.

I'm "Tickled Pink" with my Ladies Eversharp.... :p:p

Last edited:
Personna Injector II Floating Head Razor...o_O
DSC_0120_zpsydfnwuao.jpg

Another shot...:rolleyes:
DSC_0119_zpsqxnvjezl.jpg

Floating head In Action....:)
DSC_0123_zpsbgjxcumz.jpg

And lastly....:eek:
DSC_0121_zpszqzlwbbk.jpg
O
On the subject of what's the best Injector ..This baby has got to be the "Rolls Royce of Injectors" ....These are rare as they were not made long due to Gillette's mass production of twin head cartridge systems shortly after they copied this idea for pivoting heads.....As you can see the head moves up and down by a spring loaded mechanism ....This is not like any modern cartridge system....The head in this razor moves up and down and glides over the contours of the face very much like the suspension system in a motor car....I have had a shave with this thing and its like shaving with a Rolls Royce....I ended up with what I would call the most perfect BBS Result with it....The Personna 11 Injector is just Ultra Smooth, Aggressive, Very Forgiving and ever so efficient .....I have got to say that its got to be one of the most efficient injector that I have ever come across....I utilized an NOS Gillette Twin Trac 11 Injector blade....Amazing...:).

Now the Crazy Yanker from over the Pond will say its all in my head and that I only think that I like when I really Don't....But I really don't believe him...:D

This Razor is made of Solid Plastic, but the Head & Floating Mechanism are made of chrome plated steel....We don't need a modern stainless steel injector to get the ultimate shaving experience...:cool:

After all the Plastic M16 Assault Rife has mown down more folks than the Hiroshima & Nagasaki Bombs put together....:D

Billy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom