Who's afraid of Virginia Woolfat?

Phoenix and Beau is the name of the soap maker. A British artisan. Available from Connaught and a few others:

Beat me to it!
I will order some when I re-up my MWF later this year. Spitfire is the only one the sounds like the type of scent profiles I prefer. Anyone who has it, what exactly does it smell like? I've learned to not trust the scent note diagrams too much.

Edit: I'm not a fan of Stirling. I think of all the soaps I've tried of theirs, Sandpiper was the only one I liked the smell of, and I thought the performance was rather lackluster. I know I'm in the minority here on that opinion, so don't roast me!

I will order some when I re-up my MWF later this year. Spitfire is the only one the sounds like the type of scent profiles I prefer. Anyone who has it, what exactly does it smell like? I've learned to not trust the scent note diagrams too much.

Edit: I'm not a fan of Stirling. I think of all the soaps I've tried of theirs, Sandpiper was the only one I liked the smell of, and I thought the performance was rather lackluster. I know I'm in the minority here on that opinion, so don't roast me!
Spitfire is a nice scent. One of the stronger scents in the P&B lineup which are notoriously mild. The predominant notes for me were leather and juniper.

I like that scent as well (but as usual YMMV). I think the soap may have some nicotine from the tobacco leaf extract in it, in case such a thing matters.
I'm a smoker, so no. I do have an allergic reaction to soap scents made from tobacco flower. It turns my face bright red and burns for an hour or two. Scents made from tobacco leaf are fine, I have no issues with them at all.

Spitfire is the only P&B I tried. To me, it smells like a WWII spitfire pilot that gets the oily smell from the engine over him a touch of BO from wearing the thick leather jacket, needed at high altitude, but much too warm at lower altitude. Or a greasy mechanic working hard in summer. I couldn't wait to finish it.

Spitfire is the only P&B I tried. To me, it smells like a WWII spitfire pilot that gets the oily smell from the engine over him a touch of BO from wearing the thick leather jacket, needed at high altitude, but much too warm at lower altitude. Or a greasy mechanic working hard in summer. I couldn't wait to finish it.
Well that’s ruined it for me now. :ROFLMAO:

MWF shaving soap is out of stock on Connaught Shaving until I update my pages. I do not say the soap is tallow based, but most people know MWF to be a traditional shaving soap. Now you can make very good vegan soaps, but this change is very annoying all the same. Nobody advises me of any changes, they reserve the right to improve their products. But is this always the aim?

MWF shaving soap is out of stock on Connaught Shaving until I update my pages. I do not say the soap is tallow based, but most people know MWF to be a traditional shaving soap. Now you can make very good vegan soaps, but this change is very annoying all the same. Nobody advises me of any changes, they reserve the right to improve their products. But is this always the aim?

... errrrr "this change"? Has something changed with MWF? I predict a riot!

Haha! Amazing. Wow! Get it while it's still good, guys! PANIIIIIICCCCC!!!

Thanks for the heads-up @Paul

It's happened. I know I've said that LEA is what MWF would be if it went veg. It's happened. I guess now we find out.

Sheesh! Hell froze over ... whatever next? It's still got the lanolin, though. It's not all bad. Crikey! I need a stiff drink ... and I don't drink!

Back
Top Bottom