Who's afraid of Virginia Woolfat?

I feel much the same way!

I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, surprised it was so soon!
Yeah, agree. I wouldn't say it's "soon" - as I only started with wet shaving last summer, to me it seemed like this is one of the last tallow holdouts (other than small producers, artisans, and of course the Turks).

(Will be at least good for forums for a while... change => emotions => posts ;)

Yeah, agree. I wouldn't say it's "soon" - as I only started with wet shaving last summer, to me it seemed like this is one of the last tallow holdouts (other than small producers, artisans, and of course the Turks).

(Will be at least good for forums for a while... change => emotions => posts ;)

The Turks are done AFAIK.

We'll have to have a moment of silence ... and move on. Meh! You never know, it might be fine. The new Tabac is fine! Better? Probably not. Worse? Nah! Just different. MWF is absolutely, certainly, definitely not it's original 1893 formula, though ... @Paul didn't show us the front on the box, which does have me wondering.

Wait what? All the Arko on ebay is just existing stock being sold and they'd stopped the production?

I'm fairly sure the Derby stick has been discontinued, it's no longer on their official website.

As for Arko, I read the factory in Turkey that used to produce their tallow bath soaps has now closed with operations moving to Malaysia. Which could be a rumour without any substantiation, but considering other Turkish soaps that used to be tallow based are now palm oil, I'd be inclined to believe they are on the way out.

I will try the new formula MWF soap tonight.
Hope it’s not terrible. Looked on Mitchell’s website and absolutely no mention of an ingredient change. Clicking on the shaving soap the stock pictures still list tallow as the first ingredient. Bit naughty of them and looks like they’re hoping nobody would notice.

Back
Top Bottom