Who's afraid of Virginia Woolfat?

The MWF is the new version, but Kent is the old tallow version according to the label.
I hope they have not used old stock labels.

Do you have the new non tallow version as well and the tallow one? They both smell different. But I hope the ones we received are the tallow ones.

Where you both hoping for the Tallow or new version?

I wanted the tallow one.

The box is the MWF box that had the non tallow soap.
The soap in the picture is the Kent soap that should be the tallow version.

New picture:
Top: MWF non tallow soap and box.
Bottom: Kent tallow soap.

Attachments

• 20230602_182741.jpg
    20230602_182741.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 16
Well, at least we now know batch numbers can cover both brand names. Kinda makes it look like batches are larger, rather than smaller per run.

I'm sure a MWF group buy with a rose scent was mooted several years ago, but quickly died a death as the minimum batch size made it impossible.

They are not supposed to do that. Batches are for quality control & any health issues that may be reported.

Quite! It's a good long while since I worked in industrial production (breakfast cereals, as it happens) ... and yes, you'd increment batch numbers on the packing line with each distinct batch of product made. In our case, the same product (from a single batch) was often dropped into several different customer packaging but the batch numbers were incremented regardless. Those batch numbers tagged back to the same common inventory that producted the batch.

Here, we're seeing distinct customers and distinct batches of product. It can't have the same batch number ... because it's a different batch!

Unless it isn't, and (as suggested) they're using old stock labels for the Kent o_O

I read somewhere that MWF batch runs are 10,000 pucks per batch, and from the batch number covering both MWF and Kent, they switched formulas mid batch. It's likely that the Kent soap got the last of the tallow formula.
Hope so. My Kent arrived today also. Only purchased one just in case new version was delivered.kent9265.jpg

Has anyone opened their 9265 Kent soaps to confirm they are tallow?
... and/or if it is a good one, or a dud?

MWF 8287 [purchased Summer 2020] - Dud ... absolutely incapable of a stable lather @pjgh (purchased by @NatJag)
MWF 8345 [purchased October 2020] - Good < confirmed by @jimmyc
Kent 8419 [purchased September 2020] - Good < confirmed by @NatJag
Kent 8923 [purchased December 2022 & January 2023] - Dudder than a dud thing from Dudville < confirmed by @Gairdner
MWF 9027 [purchased September 2022] - Dud. It's okay, but not up to usual standard @pjgh (purchased by @exists)

Kent 9029 [purchaed December 2022] - Good < confirmed by @donnie_darko @exists
Kent 9139 [purchased November 2022] - Good < confirmed by @NeilJ
MWF 9139 [purchased February 2023 - Shaving Shack] - Good < confirmed by @Blademonkey
MWF 9223 [purchased February 2023 - Executive Shaving Company via Amazon] - Good < confirmed by @mfurie2540
MWF 9223 [purchased February 2023 - English Shaving Company via Amazon] - Good < confirmed by @Zorro

MWF Veg 9265 [purchased May 2023 - Connaught Shaving] - Good < confirmed by @pjgh
Kent 9265 [purchased May 2023 - ???] - ??? < confirmed by ???

Back
Top Bottom