why youtube videos are not helpful

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=30672

here is a link to a lather test of 4 brushes, I hope all of you will be able to notice the issue that is apparent to anyone who has done a few shaves, and was not apparent to the folks who commented on the video..

if you don't notice, why is it that no brush was hydrated before the lather test? Have never seen one article, review, what not, that says a badger or boar brush or horse brush should be taken bone dry off the shelf and put into a lil bit of soap and water to make lather.

This is why YouTube videos are not helpful? One video? Anyway, it's a comparison so they all face the same conditions so it seems fair to me. They also flash large letters on the screen saying that boar brushes need up to 10 minutes to soak in all the water.

This seems like an odd video to buttress your argument that YouTube videos aren't helpful.

the only thing that NOT soaking 3 natural hair brushes when in a lather test/competition against each other and a synthetic merely helps the synthetic look better in the end.

YouTube is a good source for videos, but you have cherry pick.
Some reviews are just ads. Some people don't understand what they're talking about, or make mistakes etc.
Hey ho, just don't believe everything you read or watch. Cherry pick from various sources.

& don't, ever, eat the yellow snow !

JohnnyO. o/
prior experience on your part trying to save the cost of a snow cone?

when you create a test that puts your least favorite brushes at a disadvantage from the start, and gives your favorite brush an advantage from the word go... how can that be an honest evaluation

Hiya,

This guy's whatcha call a Master Shavesmith. Hope the video helps.

http:www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxUvYQH-BPE
I really really hope that's not you.

I just fruckin luves shave videos that start with a guy who is already fully shaved up....so standard of videos these days.

there are a lot of things I dislike and despise about executive shaving. prices on vintage razors, their line of relabeled shaving products. But the one thing I like is that in the executive shaving video, whats his name, actually has visible stubble on his face that he shaves. That is one of the very few shave videos that actually have shaving happen.

Back
Top Bottom