Wilkinson Sword Sticky

NotTheStig said:
Sunburyboy93 said:
People can't just sell things in crappy condition and say i didn't know, it's vintage you have to expect it etc etc, it's like the old, "i know nothing about pens / razors" etc then when you search previous listings......all they sell is pens or razors !!!!
You feeling guilty, Steve? :angel:

"never apologise, never look back, Game On !!!" :blush::blush::blush:

:icon_razz:

Sunburyboy93 said:
the item is Damaged/Defective, regardless if the seller knew that or not, they need to take it back and refund your money, if they get difficult then go through e-bay, if they are still being difficult, then neg feedback them too. and they also need to refund your return postage costs, it's not your fault that it has arrived in that condition. saying "they come like that" when they clearly don't is misrepresentation.

The postage costs thing is tricky. I've never had them refunded (having returned three things) and I think EBay actually say they shouldn't be (AFAIK).

Tall_Paul said:
Sunburyboy93 said:
the item is Damaged/Defective, regardless if the seller knew that or not, they need to take it back and refund your money, if they get difficult then go through e-bay, if they are still being difficult, then neg feedback them too. and they also need to refund your return postage costs, it's not your fault that it has arrived in that condition. saying "they come like that" when they clearly don't is misrepresentation.

The postage costs thing is tricky. I've never had them refunded (having returned three things) and I think EBay actually say they shouldn't be (AFAIK).

I had this with ebay, their stance is return postage is between the seller and the buyer to sort out, they encourage the seller to fork out but can't make them.

Tall_Paul said:
Sunburyboy93 said:

Postage costs should be refunded. I'm a bit of an arsehole if I've been wronged, and I've always had them refunded. Ebay probably do say they should be refunded, but even if they say they should not... they're wrong and they can't override consumer rules in their own T&C.

If it was an honest mistake by someone on ebay, I might let it go. If it was an incompetence mistake, I wouldn't... and if they right off the bat refused then I'd make sure I won.

Dave.

Halk said:
If it was an honest mistake by someone on ebay, I might let it go. If it was an incompetence mistake, I wouldn't... and if they right off the bat refused then I'd make sure I won.

Dave.

In this instance I think it was an honest mistake. They don't know much about razors and thought it looked fine. They should have put more pics on EBay but it wasn't deliberately misleading.

I'll let them off the post as long as they refund my initial payment in full and don't piss me about. If they do mess me around I may change my view!

Tall_Paul said:
In this instance I think it was an honest mistake. They don't know much about razors and thought it looked fine. They should have put more pics on EBay but it wasn't deliberately misleading.

I'll let them off the post as long as they refund my initial payment in full and don't piss me about. If they do mess me around I may change my view!

I think that's a measured and fair response.

Back
Top Bottom