Wilkinson Sword Sticky

A quick question to all you owners of this razor.

Does it only have an endcap on one side? Are the pictures below normal?

IMAG0272.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

I thought so too. Just saw some confusing pics on Google.

The seller is trying to tell me 'they come like that'! But I thought I'd double check here before I start having an argument with them.

They've agreed to take it back now, but keep bleating about checking some pictures they've taken or something.

Don't know whether they're going to try pulling a fast one but it'll be sent back recorded, then any dithering will result in me going through Ebay straight away and raising it as a problem.

A real shame as it has the cardboard box, plastic case and blades but no use if the razor is duff.

I'm going to be devils advocate here and please correct if i'm wrong. If the seller honestly didn't know that wasn't how they came and the pictures in the listing showed the missing endcap, who would be at fault? the seller who didn't know or the buyer who didn't check?

I'm not saying your at fault just interested in experienced ebayers opinions, i've been stung badly recently by ebay which stopped me selling there.

Also if it's complete and immaculate who it be easier to find another less than perfect sticky for the end cap than another box and blades?

I think one is on the bst.

... it's the bit where the seller said "they come like that"... that makes me smell a rat.

From my own selling perspective, I would have said "endcap missing". I've pointed out far less obvious problems like that on stuff I've sold.

Ids said:
I'm going to be devils advocate here and please correct if i'm wrong. If the seller honestly didn't know that wasn't how they came and the pictures in the listing showed the missing endcap, who would be at fault? the seller who didn't know or the buyer who didn't check?

You are correct, but there was one picture of the entire set on EBay (where the head looks fine) and the buyer listed it as 'unused condition'.

Well, a missing endcap is not unused condition!

And we all know how EBay favours the buyers so you make damn sure when you are selling (as I do) that there are plenty of pictures from all angles and you list every tiny defect!

To be fair, they haven't done it maliciously. They just aren't aware that this is a problem (who wouldn't be, if they weren't enthusiasts like us). Where it is a problem is if they try and not refund me, but I'm hoping it won't come to that (though I am the cost of a recorded parcel down already).

Tall_Paul said:
Ids said:

You are correct, but there was one picture of the entire set on EBay (where the head looks fine) and the buyer listed it as 'unused condition'.

Well, a missing endcap is not unused condition!

And we all know how EBay favours the buyers so you make damn sure when you are selling (as I do) that there are plenty of pictures from all angles and you list every tiny defect!

To be fair, they haven't done it maliciously. They just aren't aware that this is a problem (who wouldn't be, if they weren't enthusiasts like us). Where it is a problem is if they try and not refund me, but I'm hoping it won't come to that (though I am the cost of a recorded parcel down already).

Got it, the pictures didn't show both sides of the head? then yeah I would agree it's them at fault, although as you said not maliciously.

the item is Damaged/Defective, regardless if the seller knew that or not, they need to take it back and refund your money, if they get difficult then go through e-bay, if they are still being difficult, then neg feedback them too. and they also need to refund your return postage costs, it's not your fault that it has arrived in that condition. saying "they come like that" when they clearly don't is misrepresentation.

People can't just sell things in crappy condition and say i didn't know, it's vintage you have to expect it etc etc, it's like the old, "i know nothing about pens / razors" etc then when you search previous listings......all they sell is pens or razors !!!!

Sunburyboy93 said:
People can't just sell things in crappy condition and say i didn't know, it's vintage you have to expect it etc etc, it's like the old, "i know nothing about pens / razors" etc then when you search previous listings......all they sell is pens or razors !!!!
You feeling guilty, Steve? :angel:

Back
Top Bottom