Winter prep for cars...

mattyb240 said:
A decent amount of tread and correct pressures! Not to mention anti freeze and screen wash of course.

any tips for removing greese from inside glass

really misted up and now cant see very well.

yesterday was interesting, point car in general direction and hope you dont crash as you cant see

Make sure all your exterior bulbs are working. Some numpty stopped at the edge of the road just past a bridge with only one headlight working the other day. Thought it was a motorbike!
Luckily it was daylight at the time: -D

@shanky....just clean it.

I was run over by an idiot who drove around with their windscreen fogged up so normally I'd rip a person a couple or three new arse holes for admitting
to being being such a cretin but I'm in a good mood and you're young.

Any two quid bottle of window cleaner will do.

shanky887614 said:

yesterday was interesting, point car in general direction and hope you dont crash as you cant see

Interestingly cavalier and negligent attitude to the safety of all anywhere near you... If that sort of thing goes wrong you may be looking at a stretch at HM pleasure.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/legal--motoring-advice/2009-11/misted-windscreens-are-illegal-as-well-as-dangerous/

RVLR 1989 regs 23 & 27 & CUR 1986 regs 30 & 61 dictates that ‘windscreens and windows MUST be kept clean and free from obstructions to vision'. Failing to clear windows properly can now lead to a fixed penalty fine of up to £2,500, three penalty points or even disqualification if the offence is committed within three years of a previous conviction for the same offence. (This recently happened to a Scottish lorry driver who lost his livelihood as a result.) Even worse, causing a fatal smash as a result of driving with dirty glass could result in a 14 year prison sentence and an unlimited fine.

I remember a case a few years ago up here when somebody had failed to clear their windscreen of frost and then struck and killed an old lady in their car.

They ended up going to jail.

Best window cleaner I have found is the Autoglym stuff. It's great stuff and I also use it around the house for cleaning windows and television screen, computer monitors, CDs, etc.

Get your battery tested. It may seem that it's okay at the moment, but if it's going to fail, it'll be one of those minus 3 degrees mornings and you will have had no warning.

Ian

shanky887614 said:
mattyb240 said:
A decent amount of tread and correct pressures! Not to mention anti freeze and screen wash of course.

Yeah autoglym glass polish about £8 but its bloody fantastic. By the time you finish you'll wonder if there's any glass there an why you left it so long to do it!

Back
Top Bottom