World Cup 2014 - fans only!

Watched the tackle again that put Neymar out of the world cup:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28173132

It may not have been deliberate, but it was a reckless tackle that went unpunished. And a big influence on the outcome of the tournament.

Fido said:
Watched the tackle again that put Neymar out of the world cup:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28173132

It may not have been deliberate, but it was a reckless tackle that went unpunished. And a big influence on the outcome of the tournament.

There was a fair few tackles in that game that went unpunished. Refeeree seemed like he was scared to reach into his pocket.
I think Brazil are going to struggle against the Germans. Especially without Silva and Neymar.

Nonetheless Brazil have revealed their true colours...a win at any cost hatchet job of a team and with the loss of Neymar they just reaped what they sowed, hope Germany smash 'em.

antdad said:
Nonetheless Brazil have revealed their true colours...a win at any cost hatchet job of a team and with the loss of Neymar they just reaped what they sowed, hope Germany smash 'em.

I wondered if I could get a Ryder Cup type European feeling that would enable me to want a European team to win it. I guess I'd be happy to see Belgium or Holland as first time winners. But the Germans? For this old timer, a step too far.

So I'm still rooting for Brazil, but not with much optimism.

WHAT a game last night, well worth staying up late for through ET and penalties, full credit to Costa Rica for giving the Dutch a right game, and a masterstroke from van Gaal subbing off the keeper for Krul. I wouldn't liked to have been Cillessen when he came off, imagine what his esteem would've been like seeing his number on the board and he's being subbed off for a keeper who's saved 2 out of 20 penalties! Fortunately it paid off, imagine if it had backfired!

Not sure about Krul chatting to the spot kickers prior to their penalty, couldn't suss out what he was saying, something along the lines of "alright mate, I know what corner you're going for, and I'm gonna save it..." Haha.

The semi's look well good now would love a Germany vs Holland final.

Back
Top Bottom