you ever feel guilty with all the gear you have? razors, blades etc etc

I never feel guilty ever.
I don’t smoke
i don’t drink ( much )
and i work hard
mostly 12 hour shifts either onshore or offshore so no guilt.
Yea don't think anything wrong with treating yourself tbf
Around ten or so! Down from 65+

Paul.
Wow well done matey, you trying to live the minimalistic lifestyle now?

Yea don't think anything wrong with treating yourself tbf

Wow well done matey, you trying to live the minimalistic lifestyle now?
No, not really, I just realised what really works for me so I moved everything else on, it works for me and I'm not suggesting it's what should be done, we are all different.
Everyone should do whatever makes them happy. :)

Paul.

Two things to recognise Saj:
  1. Compulsive purchasing (particularly on the Internet) is normally associated with underlying mental health issues - both minor and more serious. It's a temporary chase of a lift/happiness. Many of us here can relate to this.
  2. Most people jump in to a new hobby with both feet. Guilt will not solve anything. If you're experiencing financial hardship from your purchases, stop and get help. If your spending is within your budget, enjoy the ride, discover what really works for you then have a joyful clear out whilst keeping the bits you thoroughly enjoy.

Boycie has hit the nail on the head quite perfectly.

IMO, this applies to other interests, activities and so on.

I f*cking love George Carlin, I think he's one of the greatest creative minds of the 20th Century.

Some of his material has dated for sure, but some other routines seem a little dated then something happens, and his routine suddenly seems relevant to this era then it did before.

I f*cking love George Carlin, I think he's one of the greatest creative minds of the 20th Century.

Some of his material has dated for sure, but some other routines seem a little dated then something happens, and his routine suddenly seems relevant to this era then it did before.

Yes, but in his later years he went Moonbat political and alienated at least half his audience.

I gave your question some thought :unsure: .
For me personally I don't have any guilt because I always use money I have made doing overtime at work or birthday money etc to buy my stuff!!
I truly believe if I hadn't of brought my good stuff, the money would have just been spent on sh@t stuff like Starbuck's etc and I would have nothing to show for it lol. :ROFLMAO:
I like to think I can still sell it all if I really wanted to and recoup 99% of my money back or I could even make a profit ,so it's all an investment for the future you see.
Well eerrrrr that's what I tell the wife every time a new parcel arrives anyway. ;)

As a man who has been actively involved in this market for some time, I feel I must help manage your expectations. Assume an instant 50% loss on anything you buy.
You are perfectly correct Chris, even if you have top shelf stuff you will always take a big hit when you come to sell your shaving gear, I know this full well!!! :)
There will always be exceptions to this rule but they are few and far between.
Paul

Last edited:
As a man who has been actively involved in this market for some time, I feel I must help manage your expectations. Assume an instant 50% loss on anything you buy.
@Blademonkey and @Boycie83 I must respectfully agree to disagree with you both.
I have 3 razors brand new ( These will be where I will make a loss) but the rest are what I have brought 2nd hand and at a very very good price.
You could well be right and prove me wrong but time will tell.

@Blademonkey and @Boycie83 I must respectfully agree to disagree with you both.
I have 3 razors brand new ( These will be where I will make a loss) but the rest are what I have brought 2nd hand and at a very very good price.
You could well be right and prove me wrong but time will tell.
As I said, there will always be exceptions!

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom