you ever feel guilty with all the gear you have? razors, blades etc etc

The only MODERN ARTISAN razor that holds its value and often sells for "scalper" prices on the used or "gray" market is Wolfman with a few other special exceptions. Other than that, prepare for a "bath". ;)

I've noticed old Gillette razors are climbing for their second hand prices.

A few years ago, something like a Slim adjustable were easily available for good prices, now they seem to be going for a lot more.

As a man who has been actively involved in this market for some time, I feel I must help manage your expectations. Assume an instant 50% loss on anything you buy.
I think this is a fair assessment, I was thinking about selling some of the razors I got, imo when I think about listing it on ebay, Gumtree etc I kinda cba but I suppose it's easy to sell on forums as it's just a matter of creating a thread and there's the advantage of it most likely being sold quicker too

hey people so I was wondering you ever feel guilty with all the gear you have? razors, blades etc etc

I'm not gonna lie I sometimes feel lie it's just too much and then sometimes I'm like look you save so much money not going barbers etc for head shaves just enjoy it

I don't know of any of you can relate to this sort of inner struggle?

I'm not saying I've got the most gear etc but I'm just way it's just OTT no doubt but its kinda addictive too,
Let's face it most shaving gear is brought online so it's like so easy couple of clicks and worse it's on your smartphone a few taps and the deed is done
If you feel guilty about it, you've got a problem on your hands . . . . Are you running out of hiding places for your shave gear?

Imagine trying to hide a £5k Hyacinth Macaw

Personally, I'm a selfish c@*t and couldn't give a rats arse, as long as I'm happy and whatever I've bought is within budget- give it a try

I think this is a fair assessment, I was thinking about selling some of the razors I got, imo when I think about listing it on ebay, Gumtree etc I kinda cba but I suppose it's easy to sell on forums as it's just a matter of creating a thread and there's the advantage of it most likely being sold quicker too
eBay is the last place to sell your razors, yes you reach a bigger audience but eBay will take a sizeable chunk of your sale price.

Paul.

Last edited:
hey people so I was wondering you ever feel guilty with all the gear you have? razors, blades etc etc

I'm not gonna lie I sometimes feel lie it's just too much and then sometimes I'm like look you save so much money not going barbers etc for head shaves just enjoy it

I'm not saying I've got the most gear etc but I'm just way it's just OTT no doubt but its kinda addictive too,
Let's face it most shaving gear is brought online so it's like so easy couple of clicks and worse it's on your smartphone a few taps and the deed is done
I think what drives folks is trying to find that ultimate DE Razor etc it’s all part of chase syndrome.

If you feel guilty about it, you've got a problem on your hands . . . . Are you running out of hiding places for your shave gear?

Imagine trying to hide a £5k Hyacinth Macaw

Personally, I'm a selfish c@*t and couldn't give a rats arse, as long as I'm happy and whatever I've bought is within budget- give it a try
nah got more hiding places lool

tbh ive not actually spent over like 70-80 quid on a razor, i think its more accumilation of everything together that makes me feel guilty?

you seriously got a macaw? those parrots are so beautiful mate :)

yea maybe i need to stop feeling guilty, maybe its an poor self image problem i have which could be related to some of my mental health issues as that is one of the symptons

tbh @Paul L i just feel guilty whenever i buy anything for myself apart from food

like i love buying stuff for friends and family, i suppose that brings me a lot of happiness knowning im mkaing others happy, you know?

eBay is the last place to sell your razors, yes you reach a bigger audience but eBay will take a sizable chunk of your sale price.

Paul.
yea and also i think ebay takes payment differently now compared to the way they used to before?
as in like they hold funds then transfer it to the seller or something along those lines? i could be wrong just remember someone saying it to me

I think what drives folks is trying to find that ultimate DE Razor etc it’s all part of chase syndrome.
yea i think youre right

its not that im fussed about spending money on it, i dont know just a thought that came to my mind because my mrs is always like great another razor, but its never oh great another pair of shoes lol :rolleyes:

yea and also i think ebay takes payment differently now compared to the way they used to before?
as in like they hold funds then transfer it to the seller or something along those lines? i could be wrong just remember someone saying it to me
Your sales money is held by eBay for a few days before they put it in your bank account less 13%!
I sold a razor only last week on eBay, I will factor in the 13% next time!

Your sales money is held by eBay for a few days before they put it in your bank account less 13%!
I sold a razor only last week on eBay, I will factor in the 13% next time!
tbh i havent sold anything on ebay for many years

i do find local sites like gumtree useful

you know i wanted to ask where do people find these de/se razors locally?
as in like where could i possibly find like for example a vintage gillette?
i was thinking maybe charity shops, antique shops or even car boot sales,
thing is though i never go to these type of shops and places so would need to find some locally

like i know you can get cheapy de razors, blades and even shavettes from a lot of local asian/arab shops here in brum,
talking about that ive noticed most here sell supermaxz stainless steel the blue packet and also wilkinson sword de blades,
about a quid each which isnt too bad if youve just run out of blades and need a quick shave

I don't feel any guilt as I like to think it all gets used and enjoy shaving and the results.

I probably would if I couldn't afford it and it it took me Into debt, but everything within reason and everything within cost constraints. And everything within the boundaries set by my much better lady.

Last edited:

I feel more guilty about all the shower gels that I have to be honest. I note someone commented about how we may jump in initially with a new hobby. I now look at it as a personal investment when I had more additional cash. I figure though that I'm stocked up for years (literally!!) and I could have wasted my money on other vices.....I alternate between different razors (only 4 in total) and one of about a dozen creams / soaps. I set my friend up from scratch last year and he was well made up..... so good karma abounds. If you do feel guilt, give some away or do what I try now and stay off the purchasing websites (I feel better for it). Let us know how you resolve matters. Good luck...

You would think once you found a decent razor then that's that. I thing as humans though we are always exploring, always curious and looking for the next best thing.

Back
Top Bottom