Your best shave razor?

One razor I never got on with? 1912 was good but the Clog Pruf was a dud?

Have to admit, I don't think there's much better than the 1912, the shaves I've had from them are just awesome. It's by far my favourite razor to use, like a special occasion every single time.
I have no idea why, but the Clog Pruf gives me a shave beyond the 1912. I say beyond because I'm still BBS 24 hours after, that's just a fact. I've said it many times, I would defy the best barber with the best straight razor to give me a better shave.

When I first started wet shaving I tried many razors and many blades.I found my blade of choice first (Gillette silver blues) I don't use any other blade they are fantastic. So I set about finding the perfect match for the blade, I don't like aggressive razors so they all fell short, and I don't like short handles so ruled them out too. Then it was between c/c or o/c and found the o/c was the better shave for me as I tend to let my beard grow a bit longer before I shave. So I was looking for a long handled open comb medium aggressive razor. I chose the Murker 25c oc, and as soon as I married it up with a silver blue I new I would never buy another razor again, and I have'nt.

Last edited:
Gillette Sensor Excel on TOBS wooden handle but a Merkur 34c and EJ DE89L run it very close. Desperately wanted to and tried like a bear to get on with several vintage razors but just couldn't, alas. Best was probably the Slim Adj but the bonniest I had was the #58. Didn't get on with the ER 1912 SE at all either but loved the looks of the beastie.

I have over the last few months been using Injectors as well as conventional SE Razors. Though I have not tried all types of injector Blades, I have found that I get my closest shaves with a PAL InjectoMatic.
However, I do find shaving with Injectors at times rather clinical, and actually think I like the Shaving Experience provided by using a Gem Powered SE !,a bit more. My favourite for an assured good Shave is an ER Streamline.

Last edited:
I have over the last few months been using Injectors as well as conventional SE Razors. Though I have not tried all types of injector Blades, I have found that I get my closest shaves with a PAL InjectoMatic.
However, I do find shaving with Injectors at times rather clinical, and actually think I like the Shaving Experience provided by using a Gem Powered SE !. My favourite for an assured good Shave is an ER Streamline.
Aye..The Streamline is by Far the Best Gem Blade SE out there..There was a Gent talking about the Streamline the other week on another Forum & he called the Streamline the Mongoose of the SE World & he has a Mongoose which I thought was rather Interesting..:D

Billy

Have to admit, I don't think there's much better than the 1912, the shaves I've had from them are just awesome. It's by far my favourite razor to use, like a special occasion every single time.
I have no idea why, but the Clog Pruf gives me a shave beyond the 1912. I say beyond because I'm still BBS 24 hours after, that's just a fact. I've said it many times, I would defy the best barber with the best straight razor to give me a better shave.
Awesome.

I've just had to check that this wasn't posted in the SE section as the majority seem to be of that ilk - do DEs not get any love any more ? Where's all the aristocrats and fat boys ?

Back
Top Bottom