Your James Bond Cologne or EDT.

With the news that Proctor & Gamble are planning to bring out a James Bond cologne or edt in 2012 I wondered what current scents (or, indeed, those from yesteryear) other members would think suitable for Bond of the 21st century.

I emphasize that this thread isn't intended to provoke all the reminders of Mr. Fleming liking Floris, Trumper's & Guerlain products or the Bond of literature not wearing scents. Just the fragrances which would be, in your opinion, essential Bond.

The two which keep occuring to me are;

Habit Rouge.
Onyx (a now defunct range of toiletries from the sixties).

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

If Bond is still based in London (and not relocated to the North West) he would still frequent the St James' area so all the usual suspects, from all our favourite houses are fair game.

He's an ex RNVR Officer and now a Grade 7 Civil Servant on about £65k a year . . . ? I reckon he'd wear something new but from an old house.

How about Sartorial by Penhaligons?

The one that springs to mind for me is Miracle by Lancome. The only downside being that Lancome are a company whose stuff you find in Debenhams and Selfridges, and I don't think it was his kind of place.

So I think Joe has a point in that Bond would have shopped in St James for his toilet requisites so Penhaligons is not a bad shout. (Although they're more associated with royalty). Maybe he'd have been a Truefitt and Hill man, and with the naval bent he possibly might have wore Trafalgar.

Bond would probably use Vetiver by Guerlain, he's a bit of a brand snob really, the only thing typically English he actually owns would be shoe's and suits, Saville row of course and of course Aston Martin, as for the rest well, Walther PPK, Vintage Bollinger Champagne, Rolex watch. EDT Vetiver Guerlain ?

Jamie

I like Craig as Bond but lets face it HollyBond really lost the plot when he was allocated a Beemer, for that crime against taste alone he can wear Boots No.007 cologne and drive an Orion.

antdad said:
I like Craig as Bond but lets face it HollyBond really lost the plot when he was allocated a Beemer, for that crime against taste alone he can wear Boots No.007 cologne and drive an Orion.

:icon_eek: WOW, now there's a thought which never sprang to mind !!!

Wasn't it the Pierce Brosnan Bond that drove a BMW? A remote controlled 7 series, and a Z3, while in a later film he rode a Beamer motorbike. I think Daniel Craig drove the newly released Ford Mondeo in his first film, a holiday hire car while he was in the Bahamas if I remember rightly, while the works motor was a DBS. Talk about product placement!

I think Fleming was stretching it a bit to have Bond driving a Bentley, he's a civil servant and if todays agents salaries are anything to go by they'd need to be doing quite a lot of double dealing with the Russians to afford a Bentley OR an Aston. M would certainly raise an eyebrow these days if she saw any of her agents pulling up in the car park at Vauxhall in anything costing £100,000 or more.

Bit of cheating at Blades ................ grab some ill gotten gains off the odd meglomaniac @ golf ........................ quite sure as ingenious a fellow as Commander Bond would find ways to build up a stash for the rebuilding of smashed up Bentleys. In 1955 he seems to have been in receipt of £1500 yearly salary & £1000 free of tax of his own. Which, so his creator alleges, allows him to live very well; allowing for the fact that when on a jobby he can spend as much as he likes. Kinda puts me in mind of MPs & expenses forms, sceptic that I be.

antdad said:

Must put my glasses on when reading posts, I thought you said "and drive an Onion"......:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:

JohnnyO said:
Bit of cheating at Blades ................ grab some ill gotten gains off the odd meglomaniac @ golf ........................ quite sure as ingenious a fellow as Commander Bond would find ways to build up a stash for the rebuilding of smashed up Bentleys. In 1955 he seems to have been in receipt of £1500 yearly salary & £1000 free of tax of his own. Which, so his creator alleges, allows him to live very well; allowing for the fact that when on a jobby he can spend as much as he likes. Kinda puts me in mind of MPs & expenses forms, sceptic that I be.

Jonny obviously a fan, just finished the novels. Brilliant. Read the Jeffrey Deaver Bond novel 'Carte Blanche'. Good entertainment and young James shaves with a horn handled DE razor 'As he enjoys tasks with a degree of skill attached'

Cheers

Bond was always described as being independently comfortable even before his salary, and his '30s blower bentley was as much a hobby as anything - an every-day classic that he enjoyed working on.

Dr Rick said:
Bond was always described as being independently comfortable even before his salary, and his '30s blower bentley was as much a hobby as anything - an every-day classic that he enjoyed working on.

& he wouldn't be paying too muchly in labour charges since the ex RAF mechanic who works on it in government time views it as his own property.

There are Civil Servants I know, a couple of grades above Bond (£100k a year) who look like they've been dragged through a hedge backwards and then dipped in super-glue and thrown through an Oxfam window.

Back
Top Bottom