Your James Bond Cologne or EDT.

joe mcclaine said:
There are Civil Servants I know, a couple of grades above Bond (£100k a year) who look like they've been dragged through a hedge backwards and then dipped in super-glue and thrown through an Oxfam window.

It's either "cover" .................. Or they really are running a Bentley on the side !

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

For all you celebrity stalkers

http://www.celebrityfragranceguide.com/

Seems that

Sean Connery ~ Habit Rouge, Jicky
Roger Moore ~ Jicky
Pierce Brosnan ~ Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial

I think myself Bond would be a Floris man.

Interesting to see Jon Bon Jovi is a BRUT !!! man

Here are a few other gadgets and little things I personally think he would own. As I said total brand snob, well wouldn't we all be if we could afford to shop at these kind of places, It's always been a dream of mine to own a bespoke Savile row suit, if you think there's a few more object's of particular interest Bond would own put them in if you can think of a few, please try and keep them in the 1960s.

Jamie

Hasselbad camera, or maybe a Leica
Gillette Aristocrat Razor.
Brush Simpsons Chubby 2 in Manchurian Badger
dress watch Audemars Piguet, everyday watch Rolex Submariner
Shoes crockett & Jones, Burlington arcade
Tailors Huntsman of Savile row obviously
Hat Trilby hat, Lock & Co Hatters

pugh-the-special-one said:
Here are a few other gadgets and little things I personally think he would own. As I said total brand snob, well wouldn't we all be if we could afford to shop at these kind of places, It's always been a dream of mine to own a bespoke Savile row suit, if you think there's a few more object's of particular interest Bond would own put them in if you can think of a few, please try and keep them in the 1960s.

Jamie

Hasselbad camera, or maybe a Leica
Gillette Aristocrat Razor.
Brush Simpsons Chubby 2 in Manchurian Badger
dress watch Audemars Piguet, everyday watch Rolex Submariner
Shoes crockett & Jones, Burlington arcade
Tailors Huntsman of Savile row obviously
Hat Trilby hat, Lock & Co Hatters

I'm blessed if I can recall which book (if any) mentions it, however I have a vague recollection that he did use a Leica on at least one occasion.
We know that he moved from an open toothed Gillette to a Hoffritz OC (so much better than the Gillette on which it was based),
As an ex RNVR officer perhaps a Longines for his dress watch ? And I've always imagined that his Rolex would have been, like his creators, an Explorer.
And, surely, a Montblanc fountain pen; the better to display his classic italic penmanship.
And, like Canuck, I agree with Vinny (not Joe) that he'd probably pick up his toiletries in the city, possibly whilst enjoying his extended lunch breaks.

JohnnyO. \:blush:

Seems that the Slim was just picked because the Props dept reckoned it would be one of the easiest available to dummy up a mini tracker for. But then, such boring Bond details as I can witter on endlessly about relate only to the Mr. Fleming authored books. As I believe we've agreed previously Antster the Bond of the cinema is an entirely different beast altogether.(Although perhaps damning him to either an Orion or even an Onion on the base of a Slim seems mildly harsh).

JohnnyO. \:angel:

It isn't stated in any of the Fleming authored books. In Dr. No (6th book although 1st film) the suite in which Bond & Honey are detained initially is equipped with Floris Lime bath essence for men & Guerlain bath cubes for women, one of which Bond adds to the bath he prepares for Ms Rider.
I'm afraid that as originally envisaged by the author Fleming's Bond not only states that Englishmen wash instead of wearing fragrances, the rascal has been obtaining orders for Floris 89 for years under false pretences.

JohnnyO.\:mad:

JohnnyO said:
It isn't stated in any of the Fleming authored books. In Dr. No (6th book although 1st film) the suite in which Bond & Honey are detained initially is equipped with Floris Lime bath essence for men & Guerlain bath cubes for women, one of which Bond adds to the bath he prepares for Ms Rider.
I'm afraid that as originally envisaged by the author Fleming's Bond not only states that Englishmen wash instead of wearing fragrances, the rascal has been obtaining orders for Floris 89 for years under false pretences.

JohnnyO.\:mad:

I hadn't seen that mentioned anywhere before I posted, but I just had a look and Floris state "Introduced in 1951, No 89 takes its name from the number of the Floris shop in Jermyn Street. Devoted followers include Ian Fleming."

He was indeed, which is why the name creeps into his books in a neutral capacity as in the fictional gambling club Blades. Where, we learn, Floris provides the soaps and lotions in the lavatories and bedrooms. He provides the same complimentary product placement when Bond visits his prospective father in law to find Pears transparent soap and a bottle of Mr. trumper's "Eucris" beside a very masculine comb & brush by Kent. Eucris was (& is) the oil based hair dressing which Fleming had worn since his early teens & got him into no end of trouble with his housemaster.

Johnny (Yes, I truly am this sad !) O. \:s

How about . . . St John's Bay Rum with a twist (Lime) ?

With Bond and Fleming's links to the Carribean, it'd be rude not to.

joe mcclaine said:
How about . . . St John's Bay Rum with a twist (Lime) ?

With Bond and Fleming's links to the Carribean, it'd be rude not to.

With any luck Steve may well be working on such a concoction even as I tripewrite. Suitable for splashing on or, in case of emergency, drinking in Afghan crevices.

Wasn't it Antdad who mentioned Barbershop Bay Rum in connection with Bond on a previous occasion ? (Apologies if my olde mind has got confuddlied). Seems as the Jamaican & Bay Rum connection is developing strength for our intelligence officer.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom