Your Top 3 DE Blades ?

After a quick check I think I need a Damaskeene, a 1912 and a Junior to start with, hopefully they only come in one version each, happy days, the hunt will keep me occupied for a while :)

Fairly new to wet shaving, but have so far tried:
Personna Blue, Feather, Derby, Shark, Astra Platinum, Polsilver, Bic Super Chrome, Gillete Silver Blue, Gillette Yellow and Perma Sharp. Still Have Wilkinson Black Box to try.

So far, my favourite 3 are:

Personna Blue
Bic
Feather/Polsilver tied for 3rd place.

Feather probably gives me the closest shave out of all of the blades, but leaves behind a bit of irritation. The Personnas gave me a really nice shave, almost as close as the feather, but without the irritation and the Bic wasn't far behind.

Don't get me started on Derby's though... Slice and dice merchants!

1) Personna Lab Blues,
2) Gillette 7oclock yellows,
3) Voskhod

I also got bit by the SE bug after trying the 1912 pass around. Can highly recommend that it's tried out. YMMV, just like with DE blades.

I've only really got two so far which are Feathers and Polsilver Super Iridiums. I've tried quite a few others but they haven't really come close to these two. By far the worst were Lazers, which felt like shaving with a torn Coke can!

I'd like to try out Kai but they all seem to cost rather a bit and I like the look of the Personna Med Prep and was very tempted by the Connaught offer but ended up buying loads more Polsilvers through eBay with the 20% off code last night instead.

Oh, DE? Well, when I did I liked the following:

Treet Carbon
Sputnik
Personna Lab Blue

Hah, there you go, talking all kinda normal like,

See now, any new member would read your list and think that since you have lots of posts that you are smart and not nuts. Which you are of course both smart AND nuts. Yep, one crazy bastard for sure when it comes to vampire like razors. More dangerous the better. Most painful too, but you probably won't admit to that. I won't comment on the other shaving contraptions you enjoy.

Kids, I have tried those Treet blades and they are nasty! Any carbon blade's gonna be a bumpy road, but he likes that!! I bet the Personna blade will be similar. There's a nickname for those Treet blades but can't remember it.

There now, a little more context to the suggestions,

Martin

Have you tried the Lord Platinum?

Not the Platinum, but some of its siblings. I've tried over thirty blades from all over the world and came to the conclusion that besides the Lab Blues, the only other decent blades come out of Russia, especially St.Petersburg.
Out of the Egyptian, Turkish, Indian, China, etc, none I'd want to shave past one shave, or binned after less than one pass.
It is entirely possible that there are diamonds in the rough left but given the level of shaves I now get, I don't see the need to try any more, having built up a good picture of what certain countries and factories produce.

Back
Top Bottom